Travel Insurance for Austria26 Oct 2017
- List of Schengen Visa Countries
- How to Apply for Schengen Visa?
- What Documents Do I Need for My Schengen Visa?
- Benefits of Getting Travel Insurance from Bharti AXA
On Your Way to Explore Austria? Read Our Complete Travel Insurance and Schengen Visa Guide
Austria is rapidly becoming one of the increasingly popular tourism destinations for Indians. It is nestled amongst scenic mountain terrain. The country offers various types of tourist destinations. Austria has significant historical buildings that are an architectural wonder of the previous centuries. Apart from this, its numerous small and large cities are perfect examples of East European culture. The country is renowned for its quaint villages and small towns situated on the banks of its major river, such as the Inn, the Enns, The Salzach, Drau and Gail rivers. These small locations serve as interesting tourism spots for the more explorative kind of tourists.
If you are planning to visit the country as a tourist, it is highly advisable to get your Schengen Visa information correct. Buying a Travel Insurance Policy for yourself and your family is a must for visiting Schengen Visa countries. It aims to enable a stress-free and comfortable vacation.
List of Schengen Visa Countries
A Schengen Visa is a special visa required to travel to around 25 specific countries in the EU and EFTA. This is a mandatory document for all visitors/tourists who wish to travel to/and from the designated countries under the Schengen Agreement. List of these countries is
- Czech Republic
How to Apply for Schengen Visa?
The Schengen Area covers a significant part of the European Union and has Austria as one of its members. As India is a non-Schengen country, you will require getting a Schengen Visa to travel to Austria for tourism. You will need to apply for this visa at the particular country's embassy or consulate. There are specific criteria which you should be able to fulfill to be eligible for getting your Schengen Visa. Take a look at the simple steps which help to apply for a Schengen Visa easily:
- Step 1 – Fill in the form as instructed and submit it along with the required documents to the Austrian embassy’s consular section.
- Step 2 – The visa application will be processed within 72 hours. Discrepancies, if any, will be intimated to you during this period.
- Step 3 – Once the application is approved, you will be called for a personal interview at Embassy with a Consulate Officer. The interview is a must.
- Step 4 – Once the visa application is approved, you will have to deposit the applicable visa fee in the specified bank (to be paid in INR India National Rupees).
- Step 5 – Once the visa application fee is processed, it will take an additional 5 to 6 days to complete the visa processing.
- Typically, it takes around 72 hours for processing the visa application. However, in some circumstances, this period may be more extended, from 14 to 21 days in some countries.
What Documents Do I Need for My Schengen Visa?
This is a list of the documents you will be required to submit for your Schengen Visa:
- Visa Application Form – Ensure that you fill all the necessary fields in the Visa Application Form before sending it.
- Photographs – One recently-taken passport-sized picture should be attached.
- Passport – Attach a copy of your passport, along with those of previous visas issued. The passport should be valid for the next three months from the planned date of departure and have two blank pages.
- Itinerary – You are required to attach details for the round trip/itinerary into and out from the Schengen Area
- Insurance – Getting a Travel Insurance Policy is a must for all those traveling to and from Schengen Area countries. This also includes any minors. This helps to cover expenses towards medical emergencies or hospital expenses during the trip.
- Accommodation – Attach a proof of accommodation for your stay in the Schengen Area countries.
- Means of Subsistence – This may vary from country to country.
Is it mandatory to Get a Travel Insurance for Schengen Visa?
It is mandatory for everyone traveling to and from the Schengen Zone to carry a valid Travel Insurance Policy.
It is an active protection against health and medical liabilities while traveling abroad. When you buy a Travel Insurance Plan, it helps to pay for hospital and medical expenses abroad.
This is an efficient way to ensure safety of yourself and your loved ones. This makes the trip a comfortable and memorable one.
Benefits of Getting Travel Insurance from Bharti AXA
Bharti AXA is a leading insurance provider in India. The Company is engaged in providing extensive insurance covers of all types for years.
There are numerous benefits that you get when you buy Austria Travel Insurance from Bharti AXA, including:
- Covering travel and medical emergencies
- Paying for legal expenses and Third-Party Liabilities (injury/death)
- Multiple choices of efficient Add-On Covers
- Round-the-clock Claims Assistance system
Buy your Austria Travel Insurance Plan from Bharti AXA beforehand and enjoy a happy and stress-free trip to Austria.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Planning on an international trip? Take a look at our FAQ section that resolves commonly-asked queries on travel insurance.
Why choose Bharati AXA Travel Insurance
Travelling overseas is always fun. its more fun when you know your trip financialy secure. That's why our Travel Insuarnce is idel companion for all your journey's of life