Travel Guide to Pattaya
Indian Embassy Near Pattaya
Embassy of India
42nd Floor (75/32-33, 20th Floor for Consular, Passport and Visa Services)
Ocean Tower 2, Soi Sukhumvit 19, Klongtoey, Wattana
Bangkok – 10110
Contact Number: (662) 2580300-6
Visa Process for Indian Visitors to Bangkok
The following documents are required to get a visa to Bangkok, Thailand
- Original passport valid for 6 months from the date of arrival in Thailand
- Confirmed air tickets with E-ticket Number
- Proof of funds to cover the stay (10,000 Baht per individual in case of Visa on Arrival)
- Confirmed hotel bookings
Pattaya is a beach city running along the eastern coast of Thailand. Today the place is abuzz with tourists, who visit here to enjoy a stay in resort hotels, condos and wish to indulge in some fun activities. Some of the top things to do in Pattaya include shopping, visiting the 24-hour clubs and cabaret bars (which are strictly for adults). Even though the area has some good family resorts, Pattaya has still gained a reputation as a sex capital due to the beer bars, massage parlours and clubs that entertain their guests specifically. Close to the hillside is Wat Phra Yai Temple, a place revered and cherished by the tourist because of its special display of an 18m-tall golden Buddha statue.
Here are Some of The Best Tourist Places in Pattaya
- To host the corporate big-wigs in style, there is designer golf course spread across the city, overlooking the Pattaya Bay. Indulging in Golf here is clearly one of the best things to do in Pattaya surrounding the bay.
- Places to visit in Pattaya include a necessary trip to Mini Siam Pattaya and Chanthaburi Sapphire Mines. Mini Siam Pattaya is a destination with a miniature focus. The place has its first Thai heritage miniature replica and many miniature replica models of the wonders of the world. There is the London Bridge replica, Pyramid, Emerald Buddha Temple and Statue of Liberty, and many others.
- A very popular Pattaya’s city point of interest is Koh Samet, also known as the Paradise Island. It is considered to be a holistic part of the city tour as the journey begins from Pattaya itself. The visitors are required to take a ferry from Ban Phe to reach Koh Samet. The complete trip is a visual treat with the sparkling sand display, the crystal blue water and a pristine beachfront providing an awe-inspiring sight.
- Pattaya also has various museums and peaceful religious destinations. They are major crowd-pullers for the city through the year. Another famous temple is the Sanctuary of Truth which houses the heritage and history of Pattaya on a magnificent display.
- The Art in Paradise centre is a must visit amongst the tourist destinations in Pattaya. It is super-cool to be here, as the centre displays 3D paintings. For more fun, add Ripley’s Believe It or Not in your must-visit list and get ready to board a spiced-up activity list, which includes the red trains, ghost trains, waxwork, haunted tours and aquariums.
- Also, it is interesting to observe how the vendors sail and make a viable marketplace of Thai boats. For more shopping, there is a bustling walking street and many classy malls like the Royal Garden Plaza, Mike Shopping Mall, Central Festival Mall and the Outlet Mall. Thepprasit Night Market and Pattaya Night Bazaar are also some of the popular shopping tourist attractions.
- Pattaya also hosts the first cartoon network themed amusement and water park in the world.
- Another famous tourist destination is Underwater World Pattaya, a modern ocean aquarium, fitted with a pedestrian tunnel to help people enjoy the marine life view underneath, up-close.
How to Reach Pattaya from India
Suvarnabhumi Airport, also known as Bangkok International Airport, is one of two major international airports serving Bangkok. The quickest way to reach Pattaya from India is to take a flight from any of the major cities of India to Bangkok. The duration of the shortest flight is about 4 hours 15 minutes. To reach Pattaya from Bangkok, tourists have to cover a distance of about 147 km by road. Hire cars or use the reliable rail network.
How to Reach (All Location)
The best way to tour Pattaya is to board the Beach Bus plying on the circular line in the city. It will take you to the top sight-seeing attractions like Pattaya Beach Road, Pattaya Floating Market and Dolphin Roundabout. To reach anywhere and everywhere in Pattaya, use the Songthaews, which are two-bench pick-up trucks and cover all the tourist spots in their multiple journeys. Cherish a fun experience with TukTuks. These are mini-vans shining in red or yellows and must be used for simply fun since they don’t carry a fixed price tag. For private excursions, in and around Pattaya, rent a car. There are English-speaking drivers from reputed car rental companies. Better still, opt for a self-drive and let the suspense of the unwinding roads open at its own pace. Tourists even have an option to ride a motorcycle.
Best time to Visit – We plan to integrate the Local weather widget here
Pattaya like the rest of Thailand is a year-round destination. November to February offers the best climate experience since it is neither too cold nor hot. One can expect sudden bouts of rain and a sunny day. March to May is hot and humid, but still, the destination is flocked with tourists. It is, however, less crowded than what it is from November onwards. June to October in Pattaya are rainy months. During this time, it is not too crowded, and the weather is cool. During the off-season, the tourists can look in for best deals and offers.
What to Pack?
- Carry loose and comfortable cotton wear.
- Use light woollens in the winter months.
- Carry a waterproof jacket for the unpredictable rain spell.
- Always carry a swimwear as per your personal preference.
- Carry a pair of sandals or flipflops for long beach walks, or if you plan to join the 500-m long Walking Street Tour on the Pattaya’s Beach Road. The city springs to life during the night with thumping music, food, street performance and a lot of dance.
- Carry smart casual wear for dinner.
- Carry a high SPF sunscreen, hat or cap, shorts, towel and your sunglasses.
- Som Tum (Spicy Green Papaya Salad)- It is shredded raw papaya, with sweet and salty flavour with accompaniments.
- Tom Yum Goong (Spicy Shrimp Soup)- It is made with fresh ingredients like lemongrass, lime leaves, shallots and more.
- Pad Krapow Moo Saap (Fried Basil and Pork)- It is minced pork mixed with a lot of holy basil along with other ingredients and flavours
- Khao Niaow Ma Muang (Sticky Mango Rice)- It is prepared by mixing slices of mangoes with sticky rice and topping it up with thick coconut sauce.
- Khao Tom (Rice Soup)- It consists of broth made from jasmine rice. Ginger, lemongrass, eggs, meat and fish sauce
Top Indian Restaurants in Pattaya
Alibaba Tandoori & Curry Restaurant
- Located at: 1/13-14 Pattaya Klang Rd, Next to Krungthai Bank, Banglamung, Chon Buri 20150, Thailand
- Cuisine: Indian, Asian, Gluten-free Food
- Contact No.: +66 86 835 5817
Indian By Nature
- Located at: 306/64-68 Thapraya Road, Towards Jomtein, Chateau Dale Complex, Pattaya City, Chon Buri 20150, Thailand
- Cuisine: Indian, Asian, Vegetarian-friendly
- Contact No.: +66 38 364 656
Crown of India
- Located at: 99/1-2 Pattayasaisong Rd, Muang Pattaya, Amphoe Bang Lamung, Chang Wat Chon Buri 20150, Thailand
- Cuisine: Indian, Vegetarian-Friendly
- Contact No.: +66 38 423 009
Shopping List Essentials
- CentralFestival Pattaya Beach is a tall structure with 300 shops. Shop for high street fashion brands here.
- Royal Garden Plaza in the same complex has souvenirs, jewellery, electronics and beachwear.
- Pattaya Floating Market is to shop for clothing, handicrafts, art and jewellery.
- The Mimosa Thai handicrafts are popular.
- Pattaya Night Bazaar offers exclusive discounts on clothing, souvenirs, mobile phone accessories and small electrical gadgets, and street-lined luggage stalls.
- Bangkok Hospital Pattaya
- Pattaya International Hospital
- Banglamung Hospital
- Pattaya City Hospital
Basics of Local Communication
The restaurant menu will be provided in English, or make sure to ask for it. The waiters will, however, communicate in Thai. So, learn to greet using Thai phrases. People might speak in heavy accents too. Learning these basic Thai phrases will gain appreciation and smiles from the locals:
Hello - Sawadee krub
Yes – Krup/ Ka
No – bplao
Do you have water? - Mee naam mai krup?
Thank you – Kkop khun krub for men and kkop khun for women
Why Choose ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) Travel Insurance?
Travelling overseas is always fun. It’s more fun when you know your trip is financially secure. That’s why our Travel Insurance is an ideal companion for all journeys’ of your life.
We've raised the bar in being your Car's ideal insurance companion
ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) Advantages
Pan India Branch network Quick and easy claim settlement
Extensive Cashless Garage Network
Instant and simple policy issuance
24/7 Claim Assistance
PRESENCE ACROSS MANY COUNTRIES
COVERS ALL TRAVELS RELATED DISASTERS
FLEXIBLE PLANS FOR YOUR NEEDS
24/7 ASSISTANCE WORLDWIDE
What kinds of medical coverage’s are provided??
The following medical expenses are covered:
- Travel insurance includes medical expenses, repatriation, and emergency medical evacuation. Even dental care expenses such as acute anesthetic treatment of teeth are covered.
What is a deductible?
“Deductible”means a cost-sharing requirement under this policy, that provides that the insurer will not be liable for a specified rupee amount or percentage of claim amount or number of days or number of hours, as specified in the policy schedule and which will apply before any benefits are payable by the insurer. A deductible does not reduce the sum insured and is applicable per event, upto the specified limits mentioned.
What Is Not Covered Under the Travel Insurance Plan?
- Medical Expenses (inclusive of Repatriation and Emergency Medical Evacuation), Daily Allowance in case of hospitalization, Compassionate Visit benefits, the following will not be payable for Any pre-existing condition, Routine examinations, Expenses for rest or recuperation at spa/ health resort/ sanatorium, Pregnancy (including childbirth, miscarriage, abortion or related complications ) or treatment relating to the removal of physical flaws or anomalies (cosmetic treatment or plastic surgery).
- Cosmetic surgery, unless such cosmetic surgery is rendered medically necessary as part of treatment for accidents and burns whilst being abroad.
- Suicide, attempted or wilfully self inflicted injury or illness, mental disorder, anxiety, stress or depression, venereal disease, alcoholism, drunkenness or the abuse of drugs, or any loss arising, directly or indirectly, from any injury, illness, death, loss, expense, or other liability attributable to HIV and/or any HIV related illness including AIDS and/or any mutant derivative or variation thereof however caused.
- Treatment which could be reasonably delayed until the Insured’s return to India, which will be decided jointly by the treating Physician and the Emergency Assistance Service Provider and shall be in accordance with accepted standards of medical care.
- The Insured taking part in naval, military or air force operations; war and nuclear perils.
- Insured engaging in air travel unless he or she flies as a Fare Paying passenger in an aircraft licensed to carry passengers.
- Participation of the Insured in winter sports, mountaineering and such other professional sports or any other hazardous or potentially dangerous sport for which the Insured members are adequately trained, physically fit and using proper equipment. and that too only if specifically agreed and mentioned in the policy schedule.
- Hazardous occupation, or if engaged in any criminal or illegal act.
- Medical Expenses in respect of Experimental, investigational or unproven treatments or treatments which are not consistent with or incidental to the diagnosis and treatment of the positive existence or presence of any Illness for which confinement is required at a Hospital. Any Illness or treatment which is a result or a consequence of undergoing such experimental or unproven treatment.
- Naturopathy treatment.
- Non Allopathic treatment e.g. - Ayurvedic, Yogic, Homeopathic, Unani treatment(s).
- Under no circumstances shall this insurance contract be deemed to provide cover and no liability be incurred to pay any claim or provide any benefit hereunder to the extent that the provision of such cover, payment of such claim or provision of such benefit would expose us to any sanction, prohibition, or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union, United Kingdom, United States of America & India
You can avail the Travel Insurance online and enjoy the benefits offered by ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*)
What Is Covered Under Travel Insurance?
Loss of passport and documents:
Reimbursement of actual expenses incurred in connection with obtaining a duplicate or fresh passport or reasonable cost of replacing/obtaining the stolen documents/ tickets if the passport belonging to the Insured / Insured Person be lost
Home Fire Insurance Contents & Home Burglary Insurance (contents):
Cover against any loss or damage of the Contents at Home of the Insured in India caused by Fire and Allied perils or through burglary and/or housebreaking while the Insured is on a trip abroad.
Hijack Distress Allowance
Payment of distress allowance in case of hijack of a common carrier for more than certain number of hours whilst on the trip. You can easily avail the allowance by filing a claim online through Travel Insurance cover online process.
Medical Expensesinclusive of Repartration and Emergency Medical Evacuation
If you are sick or injured during the journey, your medical expenses can prove to be costly. In such cases, Travel Insurance cover greatly helps. The insurance company also offers a cashless settlement with the network hospitals or you can also opt for the reimbursement process within 30 days of hospitalization.
Payment of legal costs and expenses incurred by the Insured towards claims from third Parties for compensation in respect of death or disablement arising due to an injury whilst on a trip abroad.
Payment of compensation if the Insured sustains accidental bodily injury during a trip resulting in death or Permanent Total Disablement or Permanent Partial Disablement within 12 months of occurrence of such injury.
Trip Cancellation/Or Interruption
Payment towards the non-refundable prepaid payments incurred on the trip being cancelled and additional cost of transportation in case of Interruption: due to medical problems, personal employment problems or natural disasters or other listed reason in policy wordings.
Reimbursement of additional expenses if trip is delayed beyond a period, due to airline problems, medical problems, personal employment problems or natural disasters.
Daily Allowance in case of Hospitalisation
Payment of daily allowance for the days the Insured is hospitalised beyond a specified number of days, as mentioned in the Policy Schedule, for which a valid claim is admissible under the Policy whilst on a trip abroad.Emergency Accommodation
Payment of compensation for the additional cost of emergency accommodation if the Insured/ Insured Person could not stay in the accommodation originally booked due to fire& flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane, explosion, outbreak of major infectious diseases.
Why do I need Travel insurance?
During a trip there are chances of unfortunate events such as loss of checked in baggage, medical emergency, loss of passport that can spoil your international trip, be it business or leisure. Travel insurance can protect you from such events ensuring that you are left stuck in foreign land.
ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) provides a comprehensive cover for your car,so you can drive hassle-free.
Two Wheeler Insurance
Ride worry-free, with ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) two wheeler insurance plan.
Safeguard the health of your loved ones with a wide range of ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) health insurance plans.
Other Health Insurance
Safeguard the health of your loved ones with a wide range of ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) health insurance plans
Secure your joyous family trips with ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) international travel insurance cover.
SME Package Insurance
SME Package Insurance
Commercial Lines Insurance
Commercial Lines Insurance
Commercial Vehicles Insurance
Commercial Vehicles Insurance
Motor Third Party Insurance - Commercial
Motor Third Party Insurance - Commercial
Renew your ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) car insurance to enjoy your non-stop drive.
Two Wheeler Insurance
Renew your ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) Two Wheeler Insurance to continue your worry-free rides.
Renew your ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) Health Insurance and continue to safeguard the health of your loved ones.
Health and Wellness
Health and Wellness
Become A Partner
Become A Partner