Travel Guide to China
Indian Embassy in China
Embassy of India, Beijing,
No.5, Liang Ma Qiao Bei Jie,
Chaoyang District, Beijing 100600 China
Tel: +86-10-8531 2500/2501/2502/2503
Visa Process for Indians
- Original passport along with 6 months validity from the day of arrival in China
- Covering letter mentioning the details of the travel and all the details of the traveller
- Bank statements for 6 months updated with a minimum balance of INR 1,60,000/- as the closing balance
- Confirmed hotel booking required on the hotel’s letter head mentioning the details of the passengers. Online portal bookings are not accepted for this visa application
- Confirmed air tickets
- Day to Day Itinerary
Visa Processing Time: 5 working days
China or the People’s Republic of China is a country located in Eastern Asia, which houses world’s largest and approximately one-fifth of the population. The country is one of the world’s four great ancient civilisations with its classic cuisine, deep-rooted culture, fine silk, kung fu, pagodas, paintings, porcelains, tea, and Ming vases. China has never failed to charm the people from all over the world with its key attractions such as the Forbidden City, the Great Wall of China, and the Terracotta Warriors. Also known as the land of philosopher Confucius, pandas and Mao Zedung, China is a stunning place buzzing with astonishing energy that adds to its appeal.
Top Places to Visit in China
- Beijing: Beijing is China's capital city for more than 700 years now. The city has a rich history, both modern and imperial. There exist a lot of well-preserved relics in Beijing, apart from various famous landmarks. It’s incredibly easy to get to Beijing by air, and it's the first stop for a majority of people travelling to China for the first time.
- Hong Kong: With an ideal amalgamation of both Western and Eastern cultural influences, Hong Kong is popularly known for being a major tourist hot-spot in South-eastern Asia.
- Xi'an: Xi'an was the first capital of a united China in 221 BC, and for the majority of the next millennium. Xi’an is considered the second most famous of China's ancient capitals. This is the reason why Xi'an is blessed with a fantastic number of historical sites and precious relics. Xi'an was originally the starting point of the Silk Road trade route, which travelled through Asia to Europe, playing a crucial role in East-West cultural and economic exchange in the imperial times.
- Shanghai: Being the biggest city in China, Shanghai oozes an atmosphere of vitality, which can rival Paris and New York. Being one of the leading economic and business cities around the world, Shanghai's modernity is evidenced by its striving skyline. Unlike in Beijing, there are not many popular attractions. However, the exquisiteness of touring Shanghai lies not in a richness of relics, but in experiencing the city's cutting-edge and historic grandeur.
- Guilin: Guilin, with its marvellous limestone scenery, is famous as one of the most stunning places around the globe. Guilin is located an hour away from Hong Kong by air. The Hong Kong tour can be easily joined with a Guilin tour if somebody is looking for visa-free travel.
- Suzhou: The city of Suzhou is famous for the water towns surrounding it and also its traditional Chinese gardens. The gardens musically mix man-made landscapes with horticulture, calligraphy, architecture, and painting. China's water towns hold the typical image of traditional Chinese Yangtze Delta life.
How to Reach China
China is well connected to all the major cities around the globe consisting of many international airports. One of the most popular airports in China is the Hong Kong airport which offers plenty of connections to other international airports. Other major airports in China are situated at Shanghai, Beijing, Hangzhou, Xiamen, and Guangzhou. One can easily reach China through different direct and non-stop flights. A few of the major airlines in China include China Eastern, China Southern, Hainan Airlines, and Air China. Bus and taxi services are available outside the airport to travel across different locations throughout the country.
Best Time to Visit
The perfect time to plan a trip to China is during the spring season which is between April and May, and as well as the autumn season, which is between September and October. During these seasons, most of the popular spots have their most tourist-friendly weather. Apart from that, the summer season which falls between June and August is an ideal time to travel, except for the fact that it’s immensely crowded and hot.
Things to Pack
Packing the essentials products like clothes and footwears usually depends on what the weather conditions are like in China. Here is a list of some of the travel essentials one must never forget to pack:
- Pollution Mask
- Rain Jacket or Umbrella
- First Aid Kit
- Important documents such as travel insurance policy
Top Delicacies of China
With a long history, unique features, numerous styles and exquisite cooking, Chinese cuisine is one important constituent part of Chinese culture. Chinese dishes are famous for colour, aroma, taste, meaning and appearance. Here are some of the must-try dishes in China:
- Beijing Roast Duck, Beijing There are two mandatory things to do in Beijing: eat Beijing Roast Duck and visit the Great Wall. In China, while the duck is roasting, compressed air is injected into the duck between its skin and flesh to make the skin shiny and glossy.
- Rice Noodles, Guilin Guilin rice noodles are a pliable but strong, mellow and fragrant type of noodles which are best served with fried peanuts or soybeans, chopped scallions or thin slices of different kinds of meat.
- Soup Buns, Shanghai Soup Buns are a kind of buns which have a soup wrapped within. Soup Bun in Shanghai tends to have Chrysanthemum-like shape, thinner dough skins, and a lot of stuffing with a wide range of choices.
Shopping List Essentials
- Wangfujing Street: This street is one of the most popular as well as the largest pedestrian streets in China. Also, this place is home to various massive department stores, Chinese painting store, souvenir stores, and food stalls.
- Chunxi Road: Chengdu's shopping centres gather at Chunxi Road, making it the busiest and the biggest shopping area in town. This fun area consists of various brand stores, shopping malls, supermarkets, boutiques, department stores, cafes and restaurants make this one of the best places to visit in China. It is also an ideal place for trying out the delicious local delicacies.
- Shangxiajiu Pedestrian Street: This street is 1200 meters long road concentrating more than 300 various shops, consisting of various old as well as new famous brands. The street consists of the ancient and unique architecture which fully reflects the culture of South China. There are also many restaurants and tea houses to savour the delicious local food.
- Central Avenue: Central Avenue is a pedestrian-only cobblestone street lined with restaurants, store, and malls with an old architecture dating from the Russian era.
Indian Restaurants in China
- Vedas Indian Restaurant
Location: 3/F, Shenzhou Business Mansion, No.83 Changshu Road, Shanghai 200041, China
Contact: +86 21 6445 8100
- Ganges Indian Restaurant
Location: The PLACE Mall, Chaoyang District Guanghua Road 9, ShiMao TianJie, B 107, Beijing, China
Contact: +86 10 5206 1010
- Redfort Cultural Restaurant
Location: Hongbao Indian Section, Silk Road Street, No.118 Datang West Market, Laodong South Road | India Building, Silk Road, Datang West Market, Lianhu District, Xi'an 710068, China
Contact: +86 29 8411 3559
When going on a trip to Bahrain, it is immensely crucial to be aware of some of the healthcare centres to avoid any mishappenings due to an emergency. Below is the list of some healthcare centres can contact in need:
- International Medical Center
Location: 50 Liangmaqiao Rd, Chaoyang Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100001
Contact: +86 10 6465 1561
- Shanghai East International Medical Center
Location: 150 Jimo Rd, Pudong Xinqu, Shanghai Shi, China, 200000
Contact: +86 21 5879 9999
- Chengdu Public Health Linchuang Medical Center
Location: Jingming Rd, Jinjiang Qu, Chengdu Shi, Sichuan Sheng, China, 610023
It’s advisable to buy a travel insurance policy before going on a trip to China. A travel insurance policy will help you find out the best hospitals in the area to get the appropriate treatment on time.
The official currency of China is Renminbi.
Basics of Local Communication
The official language spoken in China is Standard Mandarin. However, English is also spoken widely among people. The tourists here do not face much trouble in navigating across the country. Here are some of the most commonly used words and phrases that will help you communicate better with the locals.
|How are You?
||Ni Hao Ma
Why Choose ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) Travel Insurance?
Travelling overseas is always fun. It’s more fun when you know your trip is financially secure. That’s why our Travel Insurance is an ideal companion for all journeys’ of your life.
PRESENCE ACROSS MANY COUNTRIES
COVERS ALL TRAVELS RELATED DISASTERS
FLEXIBLE PLANS FOR YOUR NEEDS
24/7 ASSISTANCE WORLDWIDE
We've raised the bar in being your Car's ideal insurance companion
ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) Advantages
Pan India Branch network Quick and easy claim settlement
Extensive Cashless Garage Network
Instant and simple policy issuance
24/7 Claim Assistance
ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) provides a comprehensive cover for your car,so you can drive hassle-free.
Two Wheeler Insurance
Ride worry-free, with ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) two wheeler insurance plan.
Safeguard the health of your loved ones with a wide range of ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) health insurance plans.
Other Health Insurance
Safeguard the health of your loved ones with a wide range of ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) health insurance plans
Secure your joyous family trips with ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) international travel insurance cover.
SME Package Insurance
SME Package Insurance
Commercial Lines Insurance
Commercial Lines Insurance
Commercial Vehicles Insurance
Commercial Vehicles Insurance
Motor Third Party Insurance - Commercial
Motor Third Party Insurance - Commercial
Renew your ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) car insurance to enjoy your non-stop drive.
Two Wheeler Insurance
Renew your ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) Two Wheeler Insurance to continue your worry-free rides.
Renew your ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) Health Insurance and continue to safeguard the health of your loved ones.
Health and Wellness
Health and Wellness
Become A Partner
Become A Partner
What kinds of medical coverage’s are provided??
The following medical expenses are covered:
- Travel insurance includes medical expenses, repatriation, and emergency medical evacuation. Even dental care expenses such as acute anesthetic treatment of teeth are covered.
What is a deductible?
“Deductible”means a cost-sharing requirement under this policy, that provides that the insurer will not be liable for a specified rupee amount or percentage of claim amount or number of days or number of hours, as specified in the policy schedule and which will apply before any benefits are payable by the insurer. A deductible does not reduce the sum insured and is applicable per event, upto the specified limits mentioned.
What Is Not Covered Under the Travel Insurance Plan?
- Medical Expenses (inclusive of Repatriation and Emergency Medical Evacuation), Daily Allowance in case of hospitalization, Compassionate Visit benefits, the following will not be payable for Any pre-existing condition, Routine examinations, Expenses for rest or recuperation at spa/ health resort/ sanatorium, Pregnancy (including childbirth, miscarriage, abortion or related complications ) or treatment relating to the removal of physical flaws or anomalies (cosmetic treatment or plastic surgery).
- Cosmetic surgery, unless such cosmetic surgery is rendered medically necessary as part of treatment for accidents and burns whilst being abroad.
- Suicide, attempted or wilfully self inflicted injury or illness, mental disorder, anxiety, stress or depression, venereal disease, alcoholism, drunkenness or the abuse of drugs, or any loss arising, directly or indirectly, from any injury, illness, death, loss, expense, or other liability attributable to HIV and/or any HIV related illness including AIDS and/or any mutant derivative or variation thereof however caused.
- Treatment which could be reasonably delayed until the Insured’s return to India, which will be decided jointly by the treating Physician and the Emergency Assistance Service Provider and shall be in accordance with accepted standards of medical care.
- The Insured taking part in naval, military or air force operations; war and nuclear perils.
- Insured engaging in air travel unless he or she flies as a Fare Paying passenger in an aircraft licensed to carry passengers.
- Participation of the Insured in winter sports, mountaineering and such other professional sports or any other hazardous or potentially dangerous sport for which the Insured members are adequately trained, physically fit and using proper equipment. and that too only if specifically agreed and mentioned in the policy schedule.
- Hazardous occupation, or if engaged in any criminal or illegal act.
- Medical Expenses in respect of Experimental, investigational or unproven treatments or treatments which are not consistent with or incidental to the diagnosis and treatment of the positive existence or presence of any Illness for which confinement is required at a Hospital. Any Illness or treatment which is a result or a consequence of undergoing such experimental or unproven treatment.
- Naturopathy treatment.
- Non Allopathic treatment e.g. - Ayurvedic, Yogic, Homeopathic, Unani treatment(s).
- Under no circumstances shall this insurance contract be deemed to provide cover and no liability be incurred to pay any claim or provide any benefit hereunder to the extent that the provision of such cover, payment of such claim or provision of such benefit would expose us to any sanction, prohibition, or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union, United Kingdom, United States of America & India
You can avail the Travel Insurance online and enjoy the benefits offered by ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*)
What Is Covered Under Travel Insurance?
Loss of passport and documents:
Reimbursement of actual expenses incurred in connection with obtaining a duplicate or fresh passport or reasonable cost of replacing/obtaining the stolen documents/ tickets if the passport belonging to the Insured / Insured Person be lost
Home Fire Insurance Contents & Home Burglary Insurance (contents):
Cover against any loss or damage of the Contents at Home of the Insured in India caused by Fire and Allied perils or through burglary and/or housebreaking while the Insured is on a trip abroad.
Hijack Distress Allowance
Payment of distress allowance in case of hijack of a common carrier for more than certain number of hours whilst on the trip. You can easily avail the allowance by filing a claim online through Travel Insurance cover online process.
Medical Expensesinclusive of Repartration and Emergency Medical Evacuation
If you are sick or injured during the journey, your medical expenses can prove to be costly. In such cases, Travel Insurance cover greatly helps. The insurance company also offers a cashless settlement with the network hospitals or you can also opt for the reimbursement process within 30 days of hospitalization.
Payment of legal costs and expenses incurred by the Insured towards claims from third Parties for compensation in respect of death or disablement arising due to an injury whilst on a trip abroad.
Payment of compensation if the Insured sustains accidental bodily injury during a trip resulting in death or Permanent Total Disablement or Permanent Partial Disablement within 12 months of occurrence of such injury.
Trip Cancellation/Or Interruption
Payment towards the non-refundable prepaid payments incurred on the trip being cancelled and additional cost of transportation in case of Interruption: due to medical problems, personal employment problems or natural disasters or other listed reason in policy wordings.
Reimbursement of additional expenses if trip is delayed beyond a period, due to airline problems, medical problems, personal employment problems or natural disasters.
Daily Allowance in case of Hospitalisation
Payment of daily allowance for the days the Insured is hospitalised beyond a specified number of days, as mentioned in the Policy Schedule, for which a valid claim is admissible under the Policy whilst on a trip abroad.Emergency Accommodation
Payment of compensation for the additional cost of emergency accommodation if the Insured/ Insured Person could not stay in the accommodation originally booked due to fire& flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane, explosion, outbreak of major infectious diseases.
Why do I need Travel insurance?
During a trip there are chances of unfortunate events such as loss of checked in baggage, medical emergency, loss of passport that can spoil your international trip, be it business or leisure. Travel insurance can protect you from such events ensuring that you are left stuck in foreign land.