Travel Guide to Antalya
Indian Embassy in Antalya
Indian Embassy near to Antalya
Cumhuriyet Cad. No. 42, Flat No. 11-12, 6th Floor, Dortler Apt., Elmadag, 34367, Istanbul
Phone: +90-212-2962131 - 32
Visa Process for Indian Visitors to Antalya
- Original passports with 6 months validity from date of arrival in Turkey along with the old passports
- Cover letter mentioning the details of the traveller, type of travel, and details of the visit.
- Confirmed hotel reservation for the complete stay
- Confirmed air tickets
- Day-to-day itinerary
- Overseas travel insurance
- Income tax returns or Form 16 for last 3 years
- Original and updated personal bank statements for last 6 months with a balance of at least Rs. 1 lac
- Time required: 5-8 working days
Antalya is one of the most important tourist destinations in Europe. It is spread out from the Gazipasa district to the resort of Kalkan. One of the most important attributes of the place is that it has a rich historical past and houses a large number of ruins dating back to the ancient and medieval period. The city was founded in the year 200 BC and since then has grown by leaps and bounds. It saw amazing progress during the period of Byzantine and Ottoman rule. In the past, Antalya was one of the most vital trading centres of Turkey.
In short, visiting tourist places in Antalya will connect you with history. There are many things to do in Antalya: explore the famous places in Antalya and learn about Antalya’s points of interest.
Places to visit in Antalya
- Old town: The area comprises of maze-like streets running through its length and breadth. Large Ottoman-style mansions dot the landscape; however, they are now converted into beautiful boutique hotels, art galleries, and restaurants. Main Square, the fortress gate is also very popular among tourists. Apart from the stone-clad tower, you can also have a sneak preview of the Tekeli Mehmet Paşa Mosque known for the interior tile work. The story of Kesik Minare is interesting as it started out as a Byzantine church but ended up being a mosque.
- Old Harbor:The old harbour of Antalya reminds travellers of the past glories of the city. It is studded with cafes, bazaars, and yachts floating on the deep blue water. From the second century AD to the 20th century, it was one of the prominent ports of the country. In the present day, people can visit the harbour, have coffee and hire a yacht to move into the nearby Mediterranean Sea. One of the favourite past times of the tourists is to lie down on a towel at the empty beach.
- Museum: The next stop is a museum that provides detailed information about all the phases of the Turkish history through the ages. All the findings from the excavation sites are placed inside the museum. The way these are presented is a key attraction for tourists from all over the world. In the archaeological section, history is tracked right from the Bronze to the Byzantine age. Among the most important exhibits here are Seleukeia and Perge.
- Yivli Minare: Built by the Seljuk Sultan, the minaret is one of the prominent landmarks of the city. It was constructed in 13th century AD and imbibes a square base with an octagonal drum at the top. In close vicinity, one can see people offering prayer at the 14th-century mosque. Right opposite the minaret, one can marvel at the Ottoman style clock tower and numerous towers dating back to the medieval period.
- Hadrian’s Gate:It is regarded as one of the most traditional gates of the district. The structure incorporates Roman Hellenistic town walls reminding people of the ancient glorious past. The gate was constructed in 130AD by Emperor Hadrian, who used rich sculptural decorations to enhance its beauty. The Huge structure is flanked by imposing towers that are very attractive to the people.
- Roman fortress:Constructed in the 2nd century AD, it is again a classic example of Roman architecture. The fortress is 14 m in height and assumes a cylindrical shape. It is a kind of watchtower to keep an eye on the old harbour for the arriving ships. In the present scenario, people can visit the place and watch the beautiful sunset in its original grandeur. A beautiful park located nearby is one of the favourite picnic spots for the travellers.
- Aspendos: The archaeological site is especially important for those who are interested in history. It includes an ancient Roman theatre that has become one of the top tourist attractions in the country. In 2nd and 3rd century AD, Aspendos was a thriving town for the elites. The theatre is a huge structure with the capacity to accommodate more than 14,000 people.
- Termessos: It is an area located close to Aspendos and was home to fiercely independent Pisidians people. Greeks and Romans were not able to subjugate them in spite of having a huge army at their disposal. The ruins are the Termessos are well preserved for the people to soak in the glorious past.
- Perge: Perge is dotted with rubble filled stadiums and half destroyed temples of the ancient past. Since the ruins are not well preserved, few people visit the place. As a result, history buffs can explore the region in complete peace and tranquillity. Some of the major attractions at Perge include Roman baths, Hellenistic gate, and Acropolis.
- Olympus and Chimaera: Both villages are located nearby of the ruins of the ancient Lycian town. Chimaera is the attraction quite popular in the region because it’s naturally occurring flames flickering out of the rocks. Olympus is very famous among the younger population because it has a wonderful nightlife. In fact, the twin villages are ideal for people wanting to spend a beach holiday away from the hustle and bustle of the resorts.
- Karst Springs: Apart from the ruins, Antalya has hosts of natural attractions for the people. Karst spring, sinkholes, and waterfalls are located nearby. Huge lime deposits have built up in the area for the past 1.5 million years. At Dudenbasi, you can marvel at the cascade of waterfalls moving into a narrow gorge.
How to reach Antalya?
If you want to reach Antalya by sea, the closest harbours are Izmir and Kuşadasi on the west coast, while Mersin and Tasucu ports are located on the east coast.
Since the yachts are available all around the year, travellers can enjoy the southern and southwestern coast of Turkey.
If you are travelling by road, it is possible to take four different routes to accomplish the task. The Highway connecting Antalya to central Anatolia through Manavgat-Konya can be used. In addition, the road joining the destination along the Mediterranean coast can also be an ideal option for the visitors.
If both the roads mentioned above are jammed, you can either take the route connecting the ancient cities of Lycia, IONIA, and Caria located on the west coast of the country or use the road connecting Antalya to other big cities located in close vicinity.
People visiting by air can book tickets to major international flights flying directly into the city. They can also hire domestic carriers while travelling from the prominent cities within Turkey.
Travelling in Antalya
The city has a wonderful transportation system consisting of taxis, metros, and buses. Government buses are available to the people apart from the municipality tram. Presently it runs from Meydan to Kepez however, later on, the network is to be extended.
Tourist tram is available to the travellers who are visiting the city for a sightseeing trip. It runs from the archaeological museum and culminates at Isiklar Boulevard.
Yellow taxis are available to the visitors to move from one place to another within Antalya. It runs by a meter and does not create a hole in the pocket.
If you want to drive the vehicle, rent a car from a prominent outlet and enjoy the ambience of Turkey on your own.
Best Time to Visit Antalya
Best time to visit Antalya are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November because the weather is pleasant, and the temperature is on the warmer side. During the month of January and February, the chill sets in and causes enormous problems for the people. In addition, December month should also be avoided due to incessant rain. In short, spring can be the best season when you are visiting the city.
What to Pack?
Women should not wear tank tops and shorts but pack a warm jacket for the spring season. Long skirts and half sleeves can be useful, especially when you are visiting the place during summer season. At the beach, people can wear anything, however, after returning, it is vital to wear a T-shirt and short.
Men should never wear shorts on the street but try to adorn Bermuda because it looks cool in the coastal town. Some other usual stuff includes Khaki, jeans, T-shirts and collared shirts. Do not pack bright clothes for the kids because people in Turkey appreciate earthly tones.
Ayşegül Hanım’ın Çiftliği
Breakfast at the restaurant mentioned above is essential for the tourists because they can hog on to the traditional cuisine. Organic eggs, cheese, tea, tomatoes, and cucumbers are available for the foodies to relish their palettes.
Antalya Balık Evi
It is one of the best places to have seafood in style. Besides having an amazing view of the Mediterranean from the restaurant, you can choose varieties of fishes along with shrimp, salted bonito and saffron sauce.
For main course enthusiasts, Grilled meat at 7 Mehmet is not far away. The place overlooks the amazing beach supplemented with extreme blue water of the Mediterranean Sea.
Indian Restaurants in Antalya
- Spice Garden Indian Restaurant at Atif Zengin Caddesi, Belek, Turkey. Serves Indian, Asian, and Balti cuisine. Call the restaurant at +90 242 715 15 65
- Star Restaurant at Selimiye Mahallesi, Barbaros Caddesi, No:44, Manavgat 07330, Turkey. Serves Indian, Seafood, and Mediterranean cuisine. Call the restaurant at +90 535 447 69 67
- Side Viking Restaurant & Bar at Sarmasik Sokak Number 52/1, Side, Manavgat 07330, Turkey. Serves Indian cuisine. Call the restaurant at +90 536 846 81 47
Shopping List Essentials:
The city of Antalya is a shopping paradise; however, the visitors should know what to shop and where to shop.
Local shopping can be done at the kaleci bazaar located within the four walls styled in Ottoman theme. There are several souvenirs capturing the fascination of the people. There are other interesting stores in the area selling everything from Local carpets to boutique fashions to the users.
Turban marina is known for the stores specialising in local and international fashions. In addition, café bars and restaurants are located for the visitors.
Shopping malls are available to the users in perfect grandeur and style as they provide a wide range of perfumes without any problem.
Healthcare Centers in Antalya:
World class medical facilities are available for the visitors when they arrive at the coastal city. The Medical park hospital is recognized by the international institutions as the largest hospital in the Mediterranean region. Coupled with numerous intensive care units, the medical centre is ready to provide assistance no matter how complex the problem is.
Emergency Contact Numbers
- Medical emergency / Ambulance: 112
- Fire: 110
- Police: 155
- Coastguard: 158
Local Do’s & Don’ts of Antalya
- Learn some common Turkish phrases before you travel here
- You can bargain in the Turkish markets
- Do not buy stones or fossils
- Do not indulge in public displays of affection
Basics of Local Communication:
Generally, Turkish is spoken in Antalya; however, young people prefer to speak English. It is always helpful when you know a few basic words in Turkish to keep a conversation going.
Good morning is termed as Günaydın in the Turkish language.
Similarly, my name is translated as Benim Adim
Where is., phrase is spoken as nerede to the person.
Why Choose ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) Travel Insurance?
Travelling overseas is always fun. It’s more fun when you know your trip is financially secure. That’s why our Travel Insurance is an ideal companion for all journeys’ of your life.
PRESENCE ACROSS MANY COUNTRIES
COVERS ALL TRAVELS RELATED DISASTERS
FLEXIBLE PLANS FOR YOUR NEEDS
24/7 ASSISTANCE WORLDWIDE
We've raised the bar in being your Car's ideal insurance companion
ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) Advantages
Pan India Branch network Quick and easy claim settlement
Extensive Cashless Garage Network
Instant and simple policy issuance
24/7 Claim Assistance
ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) provides a comprehensive cover for your car,so you can drive hassle-free.
Two Wheeler Insurance
Ride worry-free, with ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) two wheeler insurance plan.
Safeguard the health of your loved ones with a wide range of ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) health insurance plans.
Other Health Insurance
Safeguard the health of your loved ones with a wide range of ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) health insurance plans
Secure your joyous family trips with ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) international travel insurance cover.
SME Package Insurance
SME Package Insurance
Commercial Lines Insurance
Commercial Lines Insurance
Commercial Vehicles Insurance
Commercial Vehicles Insurance
Motor Third Party Insurance - Commercial
Motor Third Party Insurance - Commercial
Renew your ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) car insurance to enjoy your non-stop drive.
Two Wheeler Insurance
Renew your ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) Two Wheeler Insurance to continue your worry-free rides.
Renew your ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*) Health Insurance and continue to safeguard the health of your loved ones.
Health and Wellness
Health and Wellness
Become A Partner
Become A Partner
What kinds of medical coverage’s are provided??
The following medical expenses are covered:
- Travel insurance includes medical expenses, repatriation, and emergency medical evacuation. Even dental care expenses such as acute anesthetic treatment of teeth are covered.
What is a deductible?
“Deductible”means a cost-sharing requirement under this policy, that provides that the insurer will not be liable for a specified rupee amount or percentage of claim amount or number of days or number of hours, as specified in the policy schedule and which will apply before any benefits are payable by the insurer. A deductible does not reduce the sum insured and is applicable per event, upto the specified limits mentioned.
What Is Not Covered Under the Travel Insurance Plan?
- Medical Expenses (inclusive of Repatriation and Emergency Medical Evacuation), Daily Allowance in case of hospitalization, Compassionate Visit benefits, the following will not be payable for Any pre-existing condition, Routine examinations, Expenses for rest or recuperation at spa/ health resort/ sanatorium, Pregnancy (including childbirth, miscarriage, abortion or related complications ) or treatment relating to the removal of physical flaws or anomalies (cosmetic treatment or plastic surgery).
- Cosmetic surgery, unless such cosmetic surgery is rendered medically necessary as part of treatment for accidents and burns whilst being abroad.
- Suicide, attempted or wilfully self inflicted injury or illness, mental disorder, anxiety, stress or depression, venereal disease, alcoholism, drunkenness or the abuse of drugs, or any loss arising, directly or indirectly, from any injury, illness, death, loss, expense, or other liability attributable to HIV and/or any HIV related illness including AIDS and/or any mutant derivative or variation thereof however caused.
- Treatment which could be reasonably delayed until the Insured’s return to India, which will be decided jointly by the treating Physician and the Emergency Assistance Service Provider and shall be in accordance with accepted standards of medical care.
- The Insured taking part in naval, military or air force operations; war and nuclear perils.
- Insured engaging in air travel unless he or she flies as a Fare Paying passenger in an aircraft licensed to carry passengers.
- Participation of the Insured in winter sports, mountaineering and such other professional sports or any other hazardous or potentially dangerous sport for which the Insured members are adequately trained, physically fit and using proper equipment. and that too only if specifically agreed and mentioned in the policy schedule.
- Hazardous occupation, or if engaged in any criminal or illegal act.
- Medical Expenses in respect of Experimental, investigational or unproven treatments or treatments which are not consistent with or incidental to the diagnosis and treatment of the positive existence or presence of any Illness for which confinement is required at a Hospital. Any Illness or treatment which is a result or a consequence of undergoing such experimental or unproven treatment.
- Naturopathy treatment.
- Non Allopathic treatment e.g. - Ayurvedic, Yogic, Homeopathic, Unani treatment(s).
- Under no circumstances shall this insurance contract be deemed to provide cover and no liability be incurred to pay any claim or provide any benefit hereunder to the extent that the provision of such cover, payment of such claim or provision of such benefit would expose us to any sanction, prohibition, or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union, United Kingdom, United States of America & India
You can avail the Travel Insurance online and enjoy the benefits offered by ICICI Lombard General Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance*)
What Is Covered Under Travel Insurance?
Loss of passport and documents:
Reimbursement of actual expenses incurred in connection with obtaining a duplicate or fresh passport or reasonable cost of replacing/obtaining the stolen documents/ tickets if the passport belonging to the Insured / Insured Person be lost
Home Fire Insurance Contents & Home Burglary Insurance (contents):
Cover against any loss or damage of the Contents at Home of the Insured in India caused by Fire and Allied perils or through burglary and/or housebreaking while the Insured is on a trip abroad.
Hijack Distress Allowance
Payment of distress allowance in case of hijack of a common carrier for more than certain number of hours whilst on the trip. You can easily avail the allowance by filing a claim online through Travel Insurance cover online process.
Medical Expensesinclusive of Repartration and Emergency Medical Evacuation
If you are sick or injured during the journey, your medical expenses can prove to be costly. In such cases, Travel Insurance cover greatly helps. The insurance company also offers a cashless settlement with the network hospitals or you can also opt for the reimbursement process within 30 days of hospitalization.
Payment of legal costs and expenses incurred by the Insured towards claims from third Parties for compensation in respect of death or disablement arising due to an injury whilst on a trip abroad.
Payment of compensation if the Insured sustains accidental bodily injury during a trip resulting in death or Permanent Total Disablement or Permanent Partial Disablement within 12 months of occurrence of such injury.
Trip Cancellation/Or Interruption
Payment towards the non-refundable prepaid payments incurred on the trip being cancelled and additional cost of transportation in case of Interruption: due to medical problems, personal employment problems or natural disasters or other listed reason in policy wordings.
Reimbursement of additional expenses if trip is delayed beyond a period, due to airline problems, medical problems, personal employment problems or natural disasters.
Daily Allowance in case of Hospitalisation
Payment of daily allowance for the days the Insured is hospitalised beyond a specified number of days, as mentioned in the Policy Schedule, for which a valid claim is admissible under the Policy whilst on a trip abroad.Emergency Accommodation
Payment of compensation for the additional cost of emergency accommodation if the Insured/ Insured Person could not stay in the accommodation originally booked due to fire& flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane, explosion, outbreak of major infectious diseases.
Why do I need Travel insurance?
During a trip there are chances of unfortunate events such as loss of checked in baggage, medical emergency, loss of passport that can spoil your international trip, be it business or leisure. Travel insurance can protect you from such events ensuring that you are left stuck in foreign land.