Tension headache is one of the most common type of headache that causes mild to severe pain in the head, neck and behind the eyes. It may occur once or twice in a month or can be chronic also.
- The major cause of tension headaches is yet not clear. However certain changes in the brain chemicals is assumed to be the possible cause.
- Common triggers include stress, anxiety, lack of sleep, improper diet, excess of alcohol, bad posture, eye strain, smoking and pollution.
- Common symptoms include dull and steady pain on both sides of the head. The pain may vary from mild to severe.
- There may be tenderness around the scalp and forehead
- You may feel a sense of pressure around the forehead.
- Usually tension headache stays for a while (close to 4-5 hours). For instant relief, you can have over-the-counter analgesics or pain relievers.
- Take a hot shower and lie down for a while and relax.
- Various forms of alternative medicine are used to treat tension headache such as stress reducing and relaxation techniques.
- In case, the pain does not stop, make sure you consult a doctor.
- There is no specific cure for a tension headache
- Depending on the severity of headache, your doctor will prescribe certain pain relief medications.
- Identify your triggers and avoid them as much as you can.
Explore our Offerings
No compromising when it comes to health, right? That’s why, we’re here to help you stay insured at all times. Look out for our products that match your insurance needs.