Stomach ache, as the name suggests, is a severe or mild sharp pain that arises in the stomach due to several reasons. It is often considered as a symptom of different medical conditions such as indigestion, flatulence, constipation, stomach infection, diarrhea, stomach cramping and serious illnesses such as gallstones, urinary tract infections and appendicitis.
- Common triggers include flatulence
- Food poisoning
- Presence of specific diseases
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Certain medications
- You may experience severe pain in the abdomen and surrounding areas
- Throbbing pain
- Burning sensation or discomfort in the stomach
- Symptoms may get worse and cause blood vomits and blood in stool
- In general, you can take over the counter pain relieving medicines to ease the symptoms of stomach ache.
- In case the symptoms do not improve in 2-3 days, you must see a doctor right away.
- Your doctor shall examine you physically. He may recommend a few tests such as blood test and test to check for the presence of bacteria
- In severe cases, the doctor may also suggest an endoscopy to understand the cause of the symptoms
- Your doctor may prescribe you medications to relieve the symptoms.
- Your doctor may suggest you to practice relaxation techniques to relieve the symptoms of stomach ache
Explore our Offerings
No compromising when it comes to health, right? That’s why, we’re here to help you stay insured at all times. Look out for our products that match your insurance needs.