A sore throat is characterized by irritation, pain, itchiness that can make it tough to swallow food and liquids. Often the pain gets worse if left untreated. It can affect people of age groups, ranging from children to the oldies.
- Viral or bacterial infection
- Environmental pollution
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Weakened immune system
- Certain medications
- Certain types of illnesses such as cancer
- In case of a sore throat, you will have a dry throat that will be accompanied with swollen glands in the neck.
- You may also have visible white patches on the tonsils
- Hoarseness in the voice
- In case the sore throat persists, it may be accompanied with high grade fever.
- In most cases, sore throat gets better without much of medical intervention. However, in case it worsens, you may be unable to breathe and swallow properly.
- You may also complain of blood in the mucus, lump in the throat accompanied with rashes and high grade fever
- In severe cases, you may also report of pain in the joints.
- Your doctor will inspect you physically with a help of a lighted instrument. He shall look for signs of inflammation that could be indicative of a strep throat.
- He may also check your neck for swelling in the glands and monitor your breathing.
- In case, the doctor is suspicious of something very serious, he shall suggest you to see a specialist.
- You may be recommended to try herbal remedies to treat the soreness in throat. You may also be suggested to use over the counter medications to ease the symptoms.
Explore our Offerings
No compromising when it comes to health, right? That’s why, we’re here to help you stay insured at all times. Look out for our products that match your insurance needs.