An inflammation (redness and soreness) or infection of the sinuses (air filled spaces that make mucus) is defined as sinusitis. Sinusitis can be acute (for a short while) or chronic and may also remain for several days and recur.
- Bacterial infection
- Fungal infection
- Allergic to certain triggers
- A weakened immune system
- Dental problems
- You may experience nasal congestion with white or greenish discharge
- Feeling of pressure inside the head
- Eye pain
- Headache (worse early morning)
- Though rare, but may experience cheek pain
- Disturbed sleep
- Try moist heat to loosen the blocked sinuses and nose. A warm shower twice a day may also help.
- In case the over the counter medications are unable to relieve your symptoms, it is best to see a doctor.
- Your doctor will examine you physically, ask questions about your symptoms and suggest a few medical tests.
- Your doctor may suggest you a surgery or prescribe you a medication for the same
Explore our Offerings
No compromising when it comes to health, right? That’s why, we’re here to help you stay insured at all times. Look out for our products that match your insurance needs.