Psoriasis is a chronic and persistent skin condition characterized by thick, silvery and itchy dry patches on the skin. The disease usually affects the skin of the scalp, elbows, knees, chest, back, arms, toenails, fingernails and between the buttocks.
- Infections of the skin
- Dryness in the skin
- Extreme weather conditions
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- Certain medications and illnesses
- In case of psoriasis, you may observe red patches on the skin, silver scales and dryness on the skin.
- You may also observe cracked skin, itching and soreness in your skin.
- Ridged nails
- Stiffness and pain in the joints
- In case the symptoms of itching and redness do not go away within a few days’ time, make sure you consult a doctor or a specialist for an effective diagnosis.
- In case of psoriasis, your doctor shall examine you physically and check for the symptoms. He may also ask for your medical history for an effective diagnosis.
- In severe cases, where the diagnosis may become very difficult, he may suggest to get a skin biopsy done.
- Once psoriasis is diagnosed, the doctor may suggest you to use over the counter creams and ointments that shall help to reduce the symptoms
- You may also be prescribed with topical steroids, vitamin D analogues and other relevant medications.
- In case of severity, you may be recommended to take oral and injected drugs such as retinoids, methotrexates and cyclosporine.
- In case you are smoker, make sure you resort to quit smoking.
Explore our Offerings
No compromising when it comes to health, right? That’s why, we’re here to help you stay insured at all times. Look out for our products that match your insurance needs.