Neck pain is a common symptom caused due to excessive strain exerted on the neck muscles. Common causes for neck pain include poor posture, weak muscles and medical conditions. Pain in the neck, in severe conditions, can also be accompanied with numbness around the neck muscles.
- Worn out joints
- Nerve compression
- Muscle strain
- Straining soft tissues of the neck
- Poor posture
- Too much screen time/ Long hours at workplace
- Certain bones and joint disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, cancer and meningitis
- You may experience pain that may worsen upon holding the head in a particular way
- Muscle tightness
- Muscle spasms
- Decreased ability to move the head
- Try and maintain the right posture to avoid pain in the neck muscles. However, in case the pain worsens and does not get better, make sure you see a doctor at the earliest.
- Your doctor shall examine you physically. He may recommend a few imaging tests such as X-rays, CT scan and MRI to spot structural problems (if any) in the neck
- In severe cases, the doctor may also suggest other tests such as electromyography and blood tests.
- Your doctor may prescribe you medications to relieve the pain and stiffness
- Your doctor may suggest you therapies such as tractions (using weights and pulleys), physical therapy and relaxation techniques.
Explore our Offerings
No compromising when it comes to health, right? That’s why, we’re here to help you stay insured at all times. Look out for our products that match your insurance needs.