Nasal congestion, also known as stuffy nose, is a common problem during seasonal transitions. It is usually characterized with a continuous discharge from the nose along with other common symptoms. The nasal and adjacent tissues swell with the excess of fluid and causes stuffiness. It usually affects children and adults more commonly and gives them a hard time to sleep well.
- Acute sinusitis
- Severe allergies
- Common cold
- Hormonal changes
- Drug addiction
- Enlarged adenoids
- Medical conditions such as thyroid disorders, high blood pressure, asthma and influenza
- In case of nasal congestion, you may experience soreness in the throat along with stuffiness in the nose.
- You may also have a runny nose, which could be very annoying, along with persistent watery discharge from the nose. In case it gets worse, you may also get fever accompanied with body pain.
- Usually the symptoms of nasal congestion get better in a few days’ time (3-4). Natural remedies have been found to be very effective in relieving the symptoms.
- However, in case nasal congestion is accompanied with fever, you must take anti- pyretics along with the natural remedies to ease the congestion.
- In case your nasal discharge changes color and becomes yellow or green in color, it could be indicative of a bacterial infection.
- In case the symptoms get worse and do not get better in 3-4 days, make sure you see a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment of the condition.
- Your doctor may ask you for your family history and inspect you physically.
- Depending on the diagnosis, he shall suggest a few over-the-counter medications such as anti-histamines (to clear the congestion and bring down the temperature)
- You will be recommended to take rest, eat and drink healthy and warm drinks, stay warm and maintain proper hygiene.
- Drink plenty of water and keep the body hydrated.
- If you know your triggers well, make sure you avoid them.
Explore our Offerings
No compromising when it comes to health, right? That’s why, we’re here to help you stay insured at all times. Look out for our products that match your insurance needs.