A minor cut, as is named, can be treated well at home itself. A cut is defined as an incision/ deep scratch or wound on the skin surface that may be caused due to various known or unknown reasons. Cuts call for an immediate aid to reduce the risk of further complications. Cuts should be immediately cleaned with running water or an antiseptic/ antibiotic and kept dry to trim the chances of infection.
- An accident while using sharp instruments at home or work place
- A sudden fall while walking
- Pricking of the skin
- Continuous scratching of the skin
- In case of a minor cut, the wound may drain yellow or greenish pus.
- The skin around the wound may also become red, warm, swollen, numb and maybe very painful.
- The wound may also be accompanied with a fever and suggests immediate medical consultation.
- In case the bleeding from the wound does not stop, make sure you consult a doctor for an immediate medical help.
- Any cut that goes beyond the top layer of the skin shall need sutures. In case the wound does not begin to heal in a day or two’s time, make sure you see a doctor.
- Also, a persistent high-grade fever after the injury can be indicative of an internal infection and must be taken seriously.
- A red streak around the site of cut/ wound can be very detrimental and indicative of an infection in the lymphatic system.
- Your doctor may ask you about the incident causing the minor cut. According to which he may suggest certain treatment.
- He will recommend you to take tetanus shots (if you have not had them since the past 5 years) to reduce the chances of infection
- He may provide you with the first aid for the wound. Along with this, he may also prescribe you antibiotics and painkillers to ease the recovery.
- You may be recommended to take rest. Avoid spicy foods. Drink plenty of water.
Explore our Offerings
No compromising when it comes to health, right? That’s why, we’re here to help you stay insured at all times. Look out for our products that match your insurance needs.