Loss of Libido (decreased sex drive), is amongst the most common concerns of the current era. Sexual health problems like loss of libido in most cases is a hormonal problem that can target anyone in the wide spectrum of age. However, recent studies suggest that sedentary lifestyle, increased relationship clashes, poor dietary and lifestyle habits such as smoking and drinking are adversely affecting youngsters’ sexual health.
- Loss of libido can be due to physical, medical, psychological and social reasons. However, some of the most common triggers are:
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Performance Anxiety
- Emotional reasons
- Deficiency of testosterone
- Excessive intake of alcohol
- Certain medications
- Medical conditions such as cancer, depression, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases
- In case of decreased libido, you may lack sexual desire and would not want to initiate the sexual activity.
- You may also experience erectile dysfunction (inability to retain erection)
- Frequent episodes of nightfall
- Your doctor may ask you relevant questions to understand the underlying cause for the condition. A general medical counselling would be best to know the reason for the same.
- The doctor may also suggest a few tests (such as hormones monitoring tests ) to decipher the cause for the condition.
- You may be recommended to have aphrodisiac foods (such as vitamin C, collagen rich foods) that shall help to improve libido.
- Once the cause is known, the doctor may prescribe you medications.
- In severe cases, you may also be suggested testosterone replacement therapy
- In general, you will be suggested to bring in lifestyle and dietary changes. You shall be advised to connect verbally with your partner to bridge the emotional block.
Explore our Offerings
No compromising when it comes to health, right? That’s why, we’re here to help you stay insured at all times. Look out for our products that match your insurance needs.