Kidney stones are hard mineral deposits formed in the kidney due to excessive presence of crystal forming substances. Kidney stones causes a lot of sudden and severe pain. With the help of natural remedies and medications, these stones can be easily washed off from the kidneys without causing any permanent damage.
- Excessive presence of crystal forming substances such as calcium, oxalate and uric acid
- Family history
- Intake of certain diets that are high in protein, sodium and sugar
- Presence of digestive diseases such as chronic diarrhea and inflammatory bowel syndrome
- Medical conditions such as hyperparathyroidism, cystinuria and renal tubular acidosis
- You may experience severe pain in the side and back (below the ribs)
- Pain that spreads to the lower abdomen, groin
- Pain during urination
- Color of the urine may change to pink, red or brown
- Persistent need to urinate
- Foul smelling urine
- Nausea and vomiting
- Fever and chills in case of infection
- You may get sudden and severe pain at times. Incase the pain worsens make sure you lie down for some time.
- Severe pain may be accompanied with other signs such as blood in urine, fever, chills, nausea and vomiting.
- In case of severity, visit a doctor without any further delay
- Your doctor will ask you for your symptoms and suggest a few diagnostic tests such as blood test, urine test and imaging.
- Your doctor will recommend you to drink plenty of water (1.9 to 2.8 litres) during the day
- You may also be recommended to have pain relievers to lessen the pain and discomfort
- In case of large stones, you may have to go for sound wave therapy that will help to rupture the stones into tiny pieces that can be passed out in the urine
- In severe cases, the doctor may recommend surgery to remove the stones
Explore our Offerings
No compromising when it comes to health, right? That’s why, we’re here to help you stay insured at all times. Look out for our products that match your insurance needs.