Infertility is defined as a condition in which the female is unable to conceive or become pregnant while practicing unprotected sex. Though a lot many reasons back infertility, however, the common ones include increasing age, absence of menstrual cycle or presence of other medical complications. Infertility has been found to be a common problem (10%) of the women aged between 15 to 44 years of age.
- Ovarian cysts
- Emotional stress
- Physical problems in the reproductive system
- Lifestyle habits such as smoking and drinking
- Medical conditions such as cancer, diabetes and poly cystic ovary syndrome
- Amenorrhea (absence of menstrual periods)
- Drug abuse
- In case of infertility in women, the female would not be able to conceive a baby (or get pregnant) while practising unprotected sex.
- Absence of menstrual cycle (periods)
- In case of absence of menstrual cycle, the doctor will suspect infertility in the female. You would be suggested to get a few investigative tests done.
- The doctor may ask you for your family history and suggest a tubal ovulation and ovarian reserve testing.
- Depending on the diagnosis, the doctor shall be able to decide if the infertility could be treated with medication alone or would require other surgical procedures.
- You may also be recommended to take a few prescription medications (depending on the severity of the problem)
Explore our Offerings
No compromising when it comes to health, right? That’s why, we’re here to help you stay insured at all times. Look out for our products that match your insurance needs.