Indigestion is considered as a sign of an underlying infection in the stomach or an associated medical condition. Though an occasional episode of indigestion does not cause any harm to the body, however, it is best suggested to try herbal remedies to ease the symptoms as a first line treatment. If in case, the symptoms get worse, you must not delay it further.
- Over eating
- Eating unhealthy food
- Excessive smoking
- Excess of alcohol
- Excessive intake of spicy food
- Irregular bowel or constipation
- In case of indigestion, you may experience severe pain the stomach, feel bloated and uneasy
- You may have a feeling of fullness and satiety
- You may also have acidity, loss of appetite or a burning sensation in the stomach
- Irregular bowel (constipation or loose motions)
- Indigestion maybe followed by severe symptoms such as loose motions or severe constipation for an extended time.
- In case, it does not get better, make sure you visit a doctor.
- Your doctor will ask you for your dietary habits and daily routine and based on these shall suggest the relevant treatment options.
- Your doctor may inspect you physically and suggest a few over-the-counter medications that shall ease your pain and regulate your bowel movement
- In case it does not get better, the doctor may ask you to get a couple of diagnostic tests performed to understand the cause for the indigestion
- Depending on the cause of the indigestion, the doctor may prescribe you relevant medicines
- Additionally, you may be recommended to add fiber rich fruits (such as apples, avocadoes, papaya) and vegetables (such as broccoli, spinach, sweet potato and peas) to your daily diet
- You may also be suggested to increase the intake of water (7-8 glasses of luke warm water) throughout the day
Explore our Offerings
No compromising when it comes to health, right? That’s why, we’re here to help you stay insured at all times. Look out for our products that match your insurance needs.