Hypertension (increased blood pressure) has been commonly termed as the silent killer as it is the reason for several sudden deaths but does not manifest any major symptom. Many Indians are succumbed to this problem due to their poor dietary and lifestyle habits. In an adult, the blood pressure is considered normal at 120/80 and any reading that goes beyond or below the normal is considered to be dangerous.
- Family history of hypertension
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Increasing Age
- Increased intake of sodium
- Excessive intake of alcohol
- Certain medications and illnesses
- In case of hypertension, you may experience dull headaches, dizzy spells and frequent nosebleeds
- You may also complain of shortness of breath, inactivity and severe anxiety
- Constant fatigue
- In case, your symptoms do not get better, you may experience blurry vision, fatigue, nausea and shortness of breath.
- Do not avoid these symptoms instead, make sure you see a doctor at the earliest for medical help.
- For an effective diagnosis, the doctor may suggest you to get blood tests and blood pressure monitoring done.
- In order to regulate the blood pressure you may be recommended to take water pills to remove the excessive water from the body. Along with that you may also be suggested to use beta blockers (to reduce the pressure of the blood through the veins)
- In addition to this, the doctor shall suggest lifestyle and dietary changes to bring the associated symptoms under control.
- In case you are smoker, make sure you resort to quit smoking.
Explore our Offerings
No compromising when it comes to health, right? That’s why, we’re here to help you stay insured at all times. Look out for our products that match your insurance needs.