Headache, one of the commonest problems reported these days, is best be defined as severe pain in the head. The frequency of a headache could vary from once in a month to once in a week. Stress and tension are the usual reasons that strain the neck, scalp muscles, face and jaw. Studies suggest that women are more prone to a headache compared to men.
- Long work hours
- Sleep disorders
- Chronic poor posture
- Certain chronic medical conditions
- Other conditions such as depression, stress and anxiety
- In case of a headache, you may have a dull, steady pain on both the sides of the head. The pain could be mild to severe.
- You may also experience a tight feeling or tenderness in the muscles of head, neck and scalp.
- Some of the symptoms may coincident with that of a migraine, however the two are different.
- You may also feel nausea, increased light sensitivity and strain in the head
- Usually, tension headache gets better however if it still gets troublesome, you may choose to pop an over the counter painkiller to get rid of the pain.
- In severe cases, if it still continues to bother you, it could be a migraine or another medical problem.
- You must consult a doctor at the earliest and get it checked.
- Your doctor may inspect you physically and suggest a few diagnostic tests such as a MRI scan.
- Once the cause is known, the doctor may suggest you over the counter medications.
- You may also be suggested to increase the intake of water (7-8 glasses of luke warm water) throughout the day.
Explore our Offerings
No compromising when it comes to health, right? That’s why, we’re here to help you stay insured at all times. Look out for our products that match your insurance needs.