Hair loss refers to the gradual, painless and persistent hair fall that may lead to patches of baldness. Hair loss is common to men and women both, however, the pattern of the symptoms may vary for the two. In most cases it is due to the combinatorial effect of hormonal and genetic changes.
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Family history of baldness
- Hormonal imbalance
- Environmental issues
- Seasonal changes
- Sleep deprivation
- Certain illnesses and medications
- In case of hair loss, you may observe hair thinning on the top of the head followed by other parts of the head.
- You may lose more than 100 hair strands throughout the day
- Men tend to lose hair on the front hairline and forehead whereas women experience thinning throughout the scalp.
- In case left unattended, you may be left with hair around the ears, the sides and the back of the head.
- Persistent hair fall, if left unattended, shall lead to hair fall. It is best recommended to take remedial steps when you spot continuous falling of hair.
- You can try herbal remedies and over-the-counter medications to reduce symptoms of hair fall. However, in case these do not help, it is best suggested to seek expert opinion from the specialist.
- Your doctor will ask you for your dietary habits, workout routine based on these shall suggest the relevant treatment options.
- In order to rule out the cause of hair fall, your doctor may ask you for your medical history and ask you to get your physical examinations done.
- The doctor may inspect you physically and observe the pattern of your hair loss.
- You may also be suggested to get hair analysis done (during which the hair strand will be examined under the microscope)
- In case the doctor suspects presence of a medical illness, he may suggest you to get a blood test done.
- Depending on the cause of the hair fall, the doctor may prescribe you relevant medicines (over-the-counter or prescription)
- Additionally, you may be recommended to add protein rich foods and fruits to your daily diet.
Explore our Offerings
No compromising when it comes to health, right? That’s why, we’re here to help you stay insured at all times. Look out for our products that match your insurance needs.