Ear ache or ear pain is a common symptom that may show due to different reasons such as infection in the ear or inflammation or presence of a medical illness. In most cases, an earache may not call for an urgent medical care and depending on the severity of the infection/ pain can be treated with the help of natural remedies.
- Fluids such as glue ear building up in the eardrums
- Any infection in the eardrum
- Throat infection and cold
- Severe jaw pain
- Blockage on the ear from plugs of earwax
- Certain medical conditions and medications
- Earache, itself being a symptom, may be accompanied with fever, cough and loss of appetite
- Unable to hear normally
- Balance problems
- You may also experience restlessness and anxiety due to the continuous pain in the ear
- Your doctor may ask you for relevant symptoms, your family history and inspect you physically.
- In case he suspects an ear infection (the ear drum may look pinkish grey or transparent), he shall examine the ear using a medical instrument called otoscope.
- Depending on the diagnosis, he shall suggest a few over-the-counter medications (antibiotics) or eardrops and prescription medications that shall help to treat the infection and ease the symptoms.
- To reduce the pain, he may suggest painkillers such as paracetamol or ibuprofen.
Explore our Offerings
No compromising when it comes to health, right? That’s why, we’re here to help you stay insured at all times. Look out for our products that match your insurance needs.