Cold Sores (fever blisters) are defined as small, painful and fluid filled blisters (ulcer like) that most commonly appear in the winter season. They usually appear on the lips, mouth or nose and can be painful too.
- Infection with the Herpes virus
- Coming in close contact with someone who has the infection
- Fever and common cold
- Compromised immune system
- In case of cold sores, you may observe pain around your mouth, lips, followed by a sore throat or swollen glands
- The cold sores often break open after a span of time and leak out a clear fluid.
- Can be very painful at times
- Your doctor may inspect you physically and interrogate you to understand the source of the infection.
- In most cases, clinical testing may not be needed.
- The doctor may suggest a few over the counter medication to ease your symptoms.
Explore our Offerings
No compromising when it comes to health, right? That’s why, we’re here to help you stay insured at all times. Look out for our products that match your insurance needs.