Acne is a chronic inflammatory skin condition that causes redness on the skin surface. It is most commonly found to affect teenagers. The skin eruptions may appear on the face, chest or the back. It is more common in males compared to females.
- Hormonal imbalance
- Excessive oil secretion
- Exposure to extremely hot or cold temperatures
- Family history
- Certain cosmetics and medications
- In case of acne you shall observe blackheads and whiteheads on the skin surface
- You may also observe pustules (small pus filled lesions)
- In case of severe acne, you may also observe cysts (large and firm swelling in the skin) and abscesses (swollen and tender area filled with pus)
- As a first line treatment, you must modify your dietary habits and lifestyle habits. You can try herbal and home remedies to get rid of acne at the very first place.
- However, if in case the acne does not get better and you get a bacterial infection, make sure you see a doctor without any further delays.
- The dermatologist shall examine you physically and ask you relevant questions to understand the underlying causes.
- In addition to the over-the-counter medications available for acne, the dermatologist may prescribe you with retinoids (vitamin A tablets) and antibiotics (to kill skin bacteria and prevent infections)
- You may also be recommended to use oral medications to treat and prevent recurrent episodes of acne.
- As per the latest findings, therapies such as light therapy, chemical peels and steroidal injections have also been found to work wonders for acne treatment.
- Make sure you do not step outside in the sun without a sunscreen. The direct rays of the sun can adversely affect your skin.
- Avoid the use of too many cosmetics on your skin. Instead make sure you read the composition before you purchase any.
- Avoid excess of skin scrubbing. It shall increase dryness and itching on the skin.
- Refrain intake of oily foods.
- Stay hydrated by drinking atleast 7-8 glasses of water. Water helps to keep the skin hydrated.
Explore our Offerings
No compromising when it comes to health, right? That’s why, we’re here to help you stay insured at all times. Look out for our products that match your insurance needs.