Acquiring an Estonia Visa
Estonia - a country in Northern Europe, bordering the Baltic Sea and the Gulf of Finland with more than 1,500 islands, diverse terrain spanning rocky beaches, old & vast forest and many lakes.
Currently, Estonia is ranked 38th in the world by nominal GDP per capita (19,840 US$). In earlier days, being a part of the Soviet Union, it is pin-pricked with amazing castles, churches and hilltop fortresses. The capital city, Tallinn is known for its preserved Old Town, museums and the 314m-high Tallinn TV Tower, with an observation deck.
Estonian is visited by around 4 million tourists every year. They visit shops and service outlets while some tourists who have plenty of time in hand they often visit the theatre and other places outside Tallinn. A number of tourists from Sweden and Germany are growing daily. The Capital city is also an important cruise destination at the Baltic Sea after the places like Copenhagen, Stockholm and St Petersburg for travellers from around the globe.
Why is Estonian visa Needed?
Any nationals of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA), the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) and any third-country national holding a residence permit of a Schengen State do not need a visa to enter Estonia.
A family member of an EU/EEA/EFTA national, who in addition to the valid passport of the country of his/her nationality, present a residence card, which has been issued pursuant to the Directive 2004/38/EC bearing the text "Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National,” may enter Estonia without a visa, provided that the family member is travelling together with the EU/EEA/EFTA national or to the EU/EEA/EFTA national. This directive shall apply to an EU/EEA/EFTA national, who moves to or resides in a member state other than that of which he/she is a national.
It is necessary that you carry a travel document when crossing internal Schengen borders. Competent authorities have the right to check travel documents when needed.
Types of Estonia Visa
Primarily there are only three types of Estonia visa:
Schengen Visa (short-term):The Schengen visa allows you to stay in the any of the Schengen Member States for up to 90 days in six-month duration. As the name suggests, Schengen visa allows you to visit other Schengen states in addition to Estonia such as Finland, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, France, Lithuania, Belgium, Greece, Netherlands, Spain, Latvia, Portugal, Iceland, Denmark Slovakia, Austria, Sweden, Norway, Malta, Czech Republic, Lithuania, Luxemburg, and Poland. Additionally, there no restrictions placed on you regarding the times that you can enter or leave a member state of the Schengen Region.
National Visa (long-term):The national type visa allows you to stay in the nation of Estonia for a duration of 91 days to 180 days in a six-month duration. There are many reasons for which Visa D can be issued such as seasonal worker, short term worker, researcher, volunteer, guest researcher, and student among others.
Transit Visa:Compared to the two other visas mentioned above, a transit visa is very different. While a transit visa may allow you to enter a country, you are only allowed to do so for a short time. It means that it is only issued for a few days at maximum. The primary reason for issuing a transit visa is to facilitate passengers’ travel experience and convenience.
Estonia Visa Eligibility
- Passport and copies of previous visas are required. They should be valid for at least 3 months beyond return date.
- Two blank pages is a must in a passport.
- Travel medical insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 Euro coverage within Estonia and the entire Schengen area is required.
Estonia Visa Application Process
How to Apply for Estonian Visa
A Schengen visa allows you to stay in the country for 90 days each 180 days. However, if you want to stay longer, then you got to apply for a national visa at the Estonian Embassy, Delhi.
Please fill in and sign the form and ensure that you furnish all required documents.
Submit your application at the visa centre.
Once the application process is completed, you will be alerted by an SMS.
Have your passport delivered by courier.
How to Apply for Estonian Visa
You can apply for the visa directly by visiting
|New Delhi||VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd.
Shivaji Stadium Metro Station, Mezzanine Level
Baba Kharak Singh Marg, Connaught Place
New Delhi- 110001
|Gurgaon||Estonia Visa Application Centre
VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd.
ILD Trade Centre,
4th Floor, Sector 47
Sohna Road, Gurgaon - 122001
|Jaipur||Estonia Visa Application Centre
VFS Global Services Pvt.Ltd.Manglam Ambition Tower
1st Floor, Agrasen Circle (Malan ka Chauraha), Subhash Marg, C Scheme
|Jalandhar||VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd
3rd floor, Aman Plaza, Plot No 310, Lajpat Nagar, Mahavir Marg,
Nakodar Chowk, (opposite to lovely autos), Jalandhar, Punjab – 144001
|Mumbai||VFS Global Estonia Visa Application Centre
3rd Floor, ‘G’ Block,
Bandra Kurla Complex,
Mumbai – 400 051
|Chennai||VFS Global Services Pvt.Ltd.
Fagun Towers, Third Floor,
No 74, EthirajSalai, Egmore,
Chennai - 600 008
|Bangalore||VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd
Global Tech Park, No 11 First Floor O’ Shaughnessy Road,
Langford Town, Bangalore 560025
Helpline: +91 22 67866008
|Kolkata||Estonia Visa Application Centre
VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd.
Rene Tower, Building No. 1842, Rajdanga Main Road, Rajdanga,
Landmark: Near Geetanjali Stadium Kolkata, 700107, India
Helpline: +91 22 67866008
|Ahmedabad||VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd
First Floor, Emerald House, Near Parimal Garden Cross Road,
Off C G Road, Ahmedabad – 380006
|Chandigarh||B-209, 2nd Floor, Elante,
Industrial Area Phase 1,
Chandigarh, India – 160002
|Kochi||1st Floor, Coastal Chambers (Manoj Tower),
M G Road, Ravipuram,
|Goa||Gera Imperium 1, 3rd Floor,
Office No. 301, Patto Plaza, Panjim,
Goa 403001, India
|Hyderabad||VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd
8-2-700, 3rd Floor, Srida Anushka Pride,
Road No. 12, Banjara Hills,
Hyderabad – 500 034.
|Pune||Estonia Visa Application Centre
4th Floor, F core Marvel Edge
Near Bajaj Finserv
|Puducherry||Estonia Visa Application Centre
Good Shepherd Square,
No.33., East Coast Road,
Elaipillaichavady, Pudupalayam Village,
|Trivandrum||VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd,
First Floor - Asiatic Business Centre,
T c 2/2408-3, Attipra Village,
You can also clarify any doubts that you may have by contacting them on:
Phone Helpline: +91 22 67866008
Email Id: email@example.com
How to Book Appointment?
To book an appointment, all visa applicants are requested to apply online at the Joint Schengen visa application centre. Kindly note it is imperative that you do not miss your appointment. If you miss your appointment, then there is no way to guarantee when you will be able to book your next appointment as it will depend on the openings.
How to Check Status of Estonia Visa
Once after submission, you can check your application status online by entering your receipt number and date of birth.
Estonia Visa Document Requirements
Documents Required for Estonia Visa application
- You will to download and fill the visa application form. It is also possible for you to fill the Estonia Schengen Visa application form online and then print a hard-copy.
- You will need to attach 2 photos; the photo should adhere to the standards of International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
- You will also need to provide original and copies of your passport. It is mandatory for your passport to have at least two blank pages.
- You will need a travel medical insurance of minimum 30,000 € coverage not just within Estonia but in the entire Schengen area according to the Schengen rules.
- A cover letter that states the nature and purpose of your visit to Estonia along with your itinerary or tentative itinerary.
Now, depending on the purpose of your visit, some important documents are asked or not. Below are the details required on each occasion:
If on a work basis, you need the following:
- Employment Contract
- Latest bank statement of the past 6 months
- No objection letter from the employer
- Income Tax Return form
- Copy of business license
- Company bank statement of last 6 months
- Income Tax Return
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- No objection letter from the institute/university
- Pension statement of last 6 months
- Regular income made by property proof of the previous 6 months
List of additional documents required for the most frequent purposes of Estonia Visa Application:
Estonia Tourist/Visitor Visa:
- Invitation letter from the contact in Estonia along with the address and phone number
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies
Estonia Tourist/Visitor Visa:
- Invitation letter from the company in Estonia along with the address and phone number along with their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel
- If there were previous trade relations between the your company and the Estonian company, proof must be provided
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy, Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents
- The employer or the partner company must state the coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation regarding the applicant’s expenses during a stay in the Schengen zone.
Estonia Visa for Medical Purposes:
- A local medical report
- A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in Estonia
- Payment receipt of medical fees
Estonia Visa for Cultural, Sports, Film Crew or Religious Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the authorities above with details upon the nature of events or activities and the expense coverage
- Names of the applicants (crew members)
- Duration of stay
- Travel itinerary
Estonia Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
- Copy of the official invitation
- State issued the identity card of the applicant
- Purpose and nature of the journey
- Duration of stay
- Place of accommodation
Estonia Visa for Study, Training, Research, or another type of Internship Purposes:
- Certificate of enrollment permitting admittance to the course
- Certificate of completion or transfer certificates of previous courses
- Financial statements
Estonia Visa for Wife/Husband of an Estonian citizen:
- Proof of Estonian citizenship
- Estonian marriage certificate
- Estonian family record book
Estonia Airport Transit Visa:
- Visa or any other type of entry permit in the transit country
- Copy of your valid visa for your final destination
Estonia Visa for Under-Age Children:
- Proof of parents’ regular income
- Notarized travel permission from parents
- If one parent lives in another country their consent letter
*Note: When applying at the Estonian embassy/consulate in the home country, the guardian or parent should accompany their under-age children.
Temporary visa extension for foreigners in Estonia
An extension to an Estonian Schengen visa is only possible in exceptional cases where new facts and special reasons arise after entry in Estonia.
Estonian Tourist Visa
What is Estonian Tourist Visa
An Estonian tourist visa allows you to visit the nation of Estonia for a short duration. However, the benefit of the tourist visa is that you will be able to visit all the Schengen States. Additionally, you can enter and exit a territory as many times as you want.
Duration of Estonia Tourist Visa
A short term visa, type C is issued for transit through or an intended stay in any of the Schengen States for a duration of no more than 90 days in any six-month period from the date of first entry and if you want to visit only Estonia then the Schengen visa has to be applied with the Estonian representation.
Basic Types of Estonia Visas
Eligibility Criteria and Application Process for Estonia Tourist Visa
The eligibility criteria and the application process for an Estonian tourist visa are the same as applying for other types of visa. The only change that you will need to deal with is are the documents required for a tourist visa.
Documents required for Estonia Tourist Visa
The requirement of documents for an Estonian visa is the same as those of the type of visas mentioned above. However, there are a few additional documents that you will need to produce:
- You will also need to provide a copy of your return-ticket reservation with all relevant details that specify your entry and exit from Estonia.
- You will also need to provide proof of accommodation for the duration of your stay in Estonia. Additionally, if your plans are not finalized then you need to provide tentative plans of how you envisage the visit along with relevant documentation.
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- You will need to prove that you have sufficient means of subsistence, i.e. sufficient financial means for the duration of your stay in Estonia.
Estonia Visa Fees
Fees for Immigrant Estonia Visas
|Airport transit visa (A)||60 €|
|Short-term visa (C)||60 €|
|Short-term visa (C) children 6-12 years||35 €|
|For citizens of the Russian Federation and Ukraine (applies according to EU agreements on the facilitation of the issuance of visas).||One-time and multiple-entry visa 35 €;
urgent visa 70 €
|For the citizens of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, FYROM, Georgia, Montenegro, Serbia and Moldova (applies according to EU agreements on the facilitation of the issuance of visas).||One-time and multiple-entry visa 35 €|
METHOD OF PAYMENT:
- The visa fee can be paid in the following ways:
- Cash in local currency equal to the amount of euro (€).
- Visa fee has to be paid while applying at the Estonian Embassy.
Bank transfer to:
The Bank accounts of the MINISTRY OF FINANCE for collecting visa fees
Reference number of the MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS:
Review of visa applications – 2900073630
What are the Fees for Travel Insurance?
Minimum 30,000 €
Where can I travel with a Schengen visa?
A Schengen allows access to the Schengen States.
When can I lodge a visa application?
An application should be lodged at least 15 days before the intended visit but not 3 months before the intended visit.
How long before the start of the intended visit should I apply?
It is advisable to apply at least 15 calendar days beforeAn extension to an Estonian Schengen visa is only possible in exceptional cases where new facts and special reasons arise after entry in Estonia. the intended visit. Also, note that during the holidays the operation of certain consular services may be reduced.
Is it necessary to get travel insurance?
It is recommendable to buy travel insurance before your trip. Travel insurance allows you to enjoy your travel experience rather than stressing over things that can go wrong. Moreover, it allows you an easy way to deal with emergencies that may arise during your travel.
What are the benefits of getting travel insurance from Bharti AXA?
Buying travel insurance from Bharti AXA is a straightforward and hassle-free process. You can get the policy online instantly without paper work involved. Furthermore, the comprehensive policy covers all major emergencies that can arise during travel. The important aspects of travel insurance policy is that it covers medical emergencies, personal accidents, loss of passport & documents, loss of checked-in luggage, flight delay etc.
Click here to get your customized quotes based on your travel plans.