It is essential to include the cost of the Travel Insurance Policy within the budget of the vacation or holiday. You must be aware that the Individual and Family Travel Insurance policies are vital for foreign trips, as the unfortunate events are impossible to predict. Before availing the right Travel Insurance, you need to understand the calculation of premiums.
The premium is the amount you pay to avail insurance. You can pay this as either a one-time cost for a fixed period or in the form of annual renewal.
Pay Travel Insurance Premium Online
Bharti AXA offers the Individual and Family Travel Insurance Premium at a competitive price. We offer many Individual and Family Travel Insurance Plans at affordable premiums. You can quickly pay the Travel Insurance premium online and can enjoy the benefits of the insurance at your travel destination. Before buying the insurance policy, you need to understand the factors which are influencing the premium rates. Once you know the critical factors associated with the premiums, then you can select the features you need and pay premiums according to the same.
Factors Influencing the Individual and Family Travel Insurance Premium
Age & Health of the Members
The Individual and Family Travel Insurance can be availed by people in the age group of 3 -70 years. So, if you have a family member who is more than 70 years old, then you need to opt for a special travel policy with enhanced premium rates. Also, the travel insurance will not cover certain pre-existing health conditions. But if you want, you can avail special Add-On Covers to manage the coverage.
The premium amount varies based upon the travel destination. If you are traveling to Japan, then you have to pay a higher premium as compared to most other Asian countries, because natural disasters occur more often in Japan. Further, the premium of an insurance policy also depends on the medical costs of the destination country. Therefore, the destination to which you are traveling plays an essential role in determining the premium for the Individual Family Travel Insurance.
Duration of Stay
The number of days you are covered by an insurance policy is also an important factor when it comes to determining the premium. The longer the duration, the higher will be the premium.
Every Travel Insurance Policy has a fixed insured sum. This sum is the overall amount which you can avail from the insurance policy. So, if you are taking a policy with Rs 10 lakh insured amount, you will pay the premium accordingly. Higher the insured sum; higher the premium. It is highly recommended to decide the Sum Insured as per the overall expenses in the destination country.
If the Insurance Policy is covering a more significant number of benefits, the premium will increase, according to the coverage. Therefore choose appropriate covers and Add-Ons that you will need for the destination.
Types of Insurance Plan
If you are opting for a Single-Trip Insurance Plan, you need to pay a low premium for the insurance policy. But if you are availing the Annual Multi-Trip Insurance Cover, the premium rates will be high. However, a Multi-Trip Insurance is more beneficial and cost effective if you are a frequent traveller.
Purchase Travel Insurance Online
On the online platform, it is feasible for you to compare all the insurance plans at the same time. So, you can easily choose the plan that best suits your needs.
Do not be Late in Buying the Insurance
If you don’t want to pay the additional high amount for insurance, it is recommended to buy the Insurance Policy at the time of ticket booking.
Take advantage of any available Deductibles
The deductible is the money, which the insured needs to pay before getting any insurance coverage. These deductibles are the part of the insurance contract.
Minimize the Medical Covers
If you are not traveling to a risky destination, you do not need to avail the expensive medical covers. Simply go with the basic structure of the insurance policy.
With all due benefits, the Travel Insurance Plans of Bharti AXA are all set to treat you with competitive premium rates, so that you enjoy your trips worry-free.
If you are planning a foreign trip with your family, then make sure you are covered by a good Family Travel Insurance. There are several countries like UK, Greece, Germany & France among others, where Travel Insurance is mandatory. Again, if you are traveling to Schengen countries, the Visa will be only provided if you have a valid Travel Insurance Policy. Different insurance policies have different coverage and benefits. Before buying the Insurance Policy, it is very important to consider the coverage offered.
Bharti AXA offers Individual and Family Travel Insurance policies. The company has a presence in more than 130 countries which can help you when you are abroad on a vacation with family.
What Is Covered Under Individual and Family Travel Insurance?
Loss of Essentials
It does not matter whether your baggage is stolen or misplaced at the airport, you will get appropriate compensation for your loss. The insurance company will also offer compensation for the theft/loss of identification, passport, money, and other important documents.
Home Insurance in India
If any incident like fire accident, housebreaking, burglary, etc. happened at your home in India when you are traveling abroad, the insurer would cover the loss. All you need to do is, intimate the insurer as soon as possible.
Hijack Distress Allowance
If the flight in which you are traveling is hijacked for a few hours, you will receive an allowance for the unfortunate distress during the journey. You can easily avail the allowance by filing a claim online through Travel Insurance cover online process.
If you are sick or injured during the journey, your medical expenses can prove to be costly. In such cases, the Individual Family Travel Insurance cover greatly helps. The insurance company also offers a cashless settlement with the network hospitals or you can also opt for the reimbursement process within 30 days of hospitalization.
If you are involved with any legal issues associated with any Third-Party the insurance company will help bear the expenses incurred.
In case, there is any death or physical disablement of the insured travelers in an accident; the Insurance Company will offer a pre-fixed amount to the registered nominee. However, incident needs to be reported to the Emergency Service Provider within a stipulated time.
If your flight is delayed or cancelled, and you have booked tickets for a connecting flight, the insurer will reimburse you for the extra expenses occurred due to this inconvenience. If you have got the Family Travel Insurance, the company will pay you for the entire expense associated with the family members.
Daily Cash Allowance
If you are hospitalized in a foreign country and have a Travel Insurance Policy, you will receive a daily cash allowance from the insurer for a specific number of days as mentioned in the policy document.
If you are trapped because of a natural disaster such as earthquake, flood, heavy rain, and unable to stay in the original accommodation, the insurer will pay you for the emergency accommodation. Thanks to the Individual and Family Travel Insurance Policy in your hand, you can choose the accommodation as per your convenience.
- Medical expenses associated with cosmetic surgery. If a treatment can be delayed until return to India, there will be no coverage for the expenses.
- No coverage for alcoholism, suicide, and depression related issues. No daily allowance for specific pre-existing health conditions.
- If you are involved with air force, military or naval operations in the foreign country, no coverage will be provided for any losses incurred for such involvement.
- No coverage for expenses for experimental treatment. Medical expenses do not include non-allopathic treatment like Homeopathic, Yogic, Unani, and Ayurvedic Treatments.
- No cover for loss or damage because of risky sports likes mountaineering, unless it is specified in the policy
You can avail the Travel Insurance online and enjoy the benefits offered by Bharti AXA.
If you are traveling abroad, check the status of the Individual and Family Travel Insurance Cover. This is an important aspect of your trip. There are certain countries, which provide visa only after verifying a valid Travel Insurance Policy. Moreover, a good Individuals and Family Travel Insurance also protects the policyholders from any financial issues and emergencies. By checking the status of the Insurance Policy, you can know whether the insurance is valid or not. Sometimes, the term period of the Travel Insurance is over and thus; you cannot avail any benefits from the policy. In such cases, it is highly recommended to renew the Travel Insurance Plan.
Importance of individuals and Family Travel Insurance
- If you are visiting a foreign country, without renewing your Travel Insurance Policy, you are not eligible to avail any of the benefits as per your Insurance Policy.
- Even if you satisfy all the criteria for an insurance claim, still none of your claims will be accepted by the insurer.
- You may face various legal issues as you have not renewed your Insurance Policy.
- There will be no instant financial back-up for you in an unknown foreign country.
Travel Insurance Online Renewal
Thanks to the internet, you can easily Renew Travel Insurance Online. Bharti AXA has a dedicated online platform for the renewal process of an Insurance Policy.
- Just by paying a small amount towards the Travel Insurance Cover Premium, you can renew the policy.
- In case, you are facing any difficulties during the renewal process; you can directly give a call to the registered number.
- The support team is always ready to resolve any issues you may face during the online renewal process.
So, save your valuable time, by managing the renewal process of Travel Insurance on the online platform. Again, by renewing online, you can also compare the renewal prices and necessary add-ons.
Policy can be renewed only in respect to Annual Multi Trip Policies. Kindly contact Bharti AXA representative at 080- 49010200.
The online renewal process for Travel Insurance is easy. To make you aware of the online renewal process, below is our step-by-step guide:
Step by Step Travel Insurance Renewal Guide:
- Keep all required documents together: To avoid any confusion during the renewal process, make sure all the documents associated with the individuals & family Travel Insurance cover are kept together. The main documents include – policy number & details, previous renewal slips, identification proof of the policyholder, registered user Id & password, etc.
- Move to renew category in the website: After browsing the website, you must click on the Renew option on the top, to proceed with the renewal process. You will find a number of options for renewal. So, make sure that you have clicked on the “Bharti AXA Travel Insurance.”
- Read all the details regarding the renewal process: Once you will open the renewal tab, you will find the necessary information to manage the policy renewal process. Apart from the information, you will also find a renewal form.
- Fill the form in detail: Now that you can renew your Travel Insurance Policy Online, it is important that you do so at peace without any distractions. Ensure that you fill all the required details on the form without any errors.
- Select the plan as per your requirement: You can only renew a Multi-Trip Travel Insurance Plans. At the time of renewal, you can change the Insurance Plan and add necessary Add-ons to your individuals and family Travel Insurance Plan
- Proceed to the Payment Page: As per the renewal charges and extra add-ons, a total amount will be calculated and will be offered to you. Here you have to make the payment instantly through the secured payment gateways.
- Open the mailbox and confirm renewal: Once your payment is completed, you will receive an email in your mailbox. You should confirm the details of the policy are as expected.
In case you face any difficulty in the Online Renewal of your Travel Insurance Plan, contact the Bharti AXA 24x7 Customer Service Desk and they shall guide you through its process to help you in completing the same.
The policy period can be extended only for Non-Schengen Products. For extension please contact Bharti AXA representative at 080- 49010200.
It is the deductible amount that has to be borne by the insured at the time of a claim. The deductible is applicable for medical expenses, dental treatment, loss of passport or documents, delayed checked baggage, hijack distress allowance, etc.
The following medical expenses are covered:
- In-patient treatment in a local hospital
- Out-patient treatment, provided if it is critical
- Medical aid for broken limbs or injuries if prescribed by physician
- Pathological and diagnostic tests like X-ray, diagnostic tests, etc.
- Dental care related to acute anesthetic treatment as a result of an accident
- Life-saving emergency measures till the insured person becomes medically stable
- Transportation and emergency medical evacuation
Medical expenses are covered related to
- In-patient treatment in a local hospital at the place of stay at the time of the event.
- Out-patient treatment would be provided if it is critical.
- Medical aid for broken limbs or injuries if prescribed by Physician.
- Pathological and diagnostic tests like X-ray, diagnostic tests, etc.
- Dental care related to acute anesthetic treatment of a natural tooth or teeth during the trip as a result of an accident
- Life saving emergency measures till the insured person becomes medically stable.
- Transportation and emergency medical evacuation.