Notify your claim by calling us at 1800-103-2292 (Toll free) or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Provide relevant information which includes your policy and other details regarding your claim.
Documents required for filling a claim are:
- Claim form duly completed in all aspects and signed by the insured/claimant, providing a clear description of the occurrence.
- FIR/ Final Police report in case of property damage or theft or burglary.
- Copy of repair estimates, invoices, money receipts etc.
- For Personal Accident case- Medical reports / discharge summary / Disability Certificate issued by Civil Surgeon or equivalent as authorized by State Government / Post Mortem Report / Death Certificate whichever is required
- Autopsy and post-mortem report of the pet by a qualified veterinary surgeon, in the case of pet insurance.
- Satisfaction letter if you would like to avail cashless facility at our preferred garages. (If you are a corporate/ firm then company's seal or rubber stamp is required on the satisfaction letter)
The policy covers losses to building due to natural calamity or manmade events like fire, storm, cyclone, typhoon, lightning, subsidence and landslides, flood and inundation, earthquake, riot, strike, malicious and terrorism damage (optional cover), explosion/implosion, etc.
The policy covers your home building contents, appliances, valuables against fire and allied perils including terrorism damage (optional cover), earthquake along with burglary, housebreaking, hold-up and breakdown of mechanical / electrical appliance. The policy also covers legal liability in respect of injuries/death of third parties and workmen arising out of and during the course of employment. The policy offers personal accident coverage to the insured and his family (spouse and two dependant children) up to the age of 23 years.
Read the policy wordings - PDF (296 KB Opens in a new window) for complete list of coverages that Bharti AXA Home Insurance offers.
In respect of residential buildings financed by bank/financial institutions one can buy a home insurance policy and have the interest of financier endorsed. Please provide the name of the bank and branch as hypothecation while buying the policy.
Insuring building or structure is optional while buying home insurance. We recommend insuring your building to cover against unexpected disasters like fire, allied perils including earthquake, lightning, riots and natural calamity, etc. Bharti AXA Home Insurance covers building, fixtures, fitting and renovation and also underground services like drain, sewer, electricity cable ,etc It also includes cover in respect of capital additions and alterations. Additional benefits include loss in respect of lock & key and fire extinguishing expense.
Insuring home contents is compulsory while buying home insurance.
- Content such as furniture, clothing, etc are covered against fire, burglary (excluding theft) and natural calamities.
- Contents such as jewellery (gold & silver) and valuables (camera, watches, etc.) are covered against fire, burglary, theft, waylaying, snatching and natural calamities.
- Domestic appliances such as refrigerator, washing machine, etc. are covered against fire, burglary (excluding theft), natural calamities and breakdown.
Terrorism cover insures your home and its contents against any damages/ losses caused due to any acts of terrorism (TERRORISTS). It is an optional cover.
Coverage against loss or damage to house hold items during removal and shifting of contents and appliances (excluding jewels and valuables) to new building within India due to fire, lightning, breakage of bridges, collision with carrying vehicles, overturning of carrying vehicle or derailment of carrying railway wagon/vehicle is offered under the policy.
You have always cherished to make your dream house. Saved every penny, worked hard, and planned harder - all towards a dream of a perfect abode to gift yourself and your family. To secure your dream, you need to secure your home and its content with insurance against fire, external conditions, robbery, etc. To protect your house against risks against unforeseen disasters you need home insurance.
Bharti AXA SmartPlan Householder's Package Policy is a smart alternative to tackle all problems related to your home and ensure disaster free living. You get cover for your home and its contents at a reasonable premium as low as up to Rs. 300 per year. The policy covers structure and content of your home against fire, burglary and other perils.
You also get covered for appliances in the event of breakdown, fire and allied perils, etc., jewellery and valuables in the event of burglary, house breaking, waylaying, snatching, fire and allied perils. The policy also covers for loss of important documents like title deeds and passport. The policy covers loss or damage to building and household contents, liability towards third parties & workmen like domestic maid etc.
It also provides for compensation in respect of personal accident to family members. Newly purchased contents up to 10% of the sum insured and transit risk cover are offered as free additional cover with Bharti AXA Home Insurance Policy.