It is essential to include the cost of the Travel Insurance Policy within the budget of the vacation or holiday. You must be aware that the Individual and Family Travel Insurance policies are vital for foreign trips, as the unfortunate events are impossible to predict. Before availing the right Travel Insurance, you need to understand the calculation of premiums.
The premium is the amount you pay to avail insurance. You can pay this as either a one-time cost for a fixed period or in the form of annual renewal.
Pay Travel Insurance Premium Online
Bharti AXA offers the Individual and Family Travel Insurance Premium at a competitive price. We offer many Individual and Family Travel Insurance Plans at affordable premiums. You can quickly pay the Travel Insurance premium online and can enjoy the benefits of the insurance at your travel destination. Before buying the insurance policy, you need to understand the factors which are influencing the premium rates. Once you know the critical factors associated with the premiums, then you can select the features you need and pay premiums according to the same.
Factors Influencing the Individual and Family Travel Insurance Premium
Age & Health of the Members
The Individual and Family Travel Insurance can be availed by people in the age group of 3 -70 years. So, if you have a family member who is more than 70 years old, then you need to opt for a special travel policy with enhanced premium rates. Also, the travel insurance will not cover certain pre-existing health conditions. But if you want, you can avail special Add-On Covers to manage the coverage.
The premium amount varies based upon the travel destination. If you are traveling to Japan, then you have to pay a higher premium as compared to most other Asian countries, because natural disasters occur more often in Japan. Further, the premium of an insurance policy also depends on the medical costs of the destination country. Therefore, the destination to which you are traveling plays an essential role in determining the premium for the Individual Family Travel Insurance.
Duration of Stay
The number of days you are covered by an insurance policy is also an important factor when it comes to determining the premium. The longer the duration, the higher will be the premium.
Every Travel Insurance Policy has a fixed insured sum. This sum is the overall amount which you can avail from the insurance policy. So, if you are taking a policy with Rs 10 lakh insured amount, you will pay the premium accordingly. Higher the insured sum; higher the premium. It is highly recommended to decide the Sum Insured as per the overall expenses in the destination country.
If the Insurance Policy is covering a more significant number of benefits, the premium will increase, according to the coverage. Therefore choose appropriate covers and Add-Ons that you will need for the destination.
Types of Insurance Plan
If you are opting for a Single-Trip Insurance Plan, you need to pay a low premium for the insurance policy. But if you are availing the Annual Multi-Trip Insurance Cover, the premium rates will be high. However, a Multi-Trip Insurance is more beneficial and cost effective if you are a frequent traveller.
Purchase Travel Insurance Online
On the online platform, it is feasible for you to compare all the insurance plans at the same time. So, you can easily choose the plan that best suits your needs.
Do not be Late in Buying the Insurance
If you don’t want to pay the additional high amount for insurance, it is recommended to buy the Insurance Policy at the time of ticket booking.
Take advantage of any available Deductibles
The deductible is the money, which the insured needs to pay before getting any insurance coverage. These deductibles are the part of the insurance contract.
Minimize the Medical Covers
If you are not traveling to a risky destination, you do not need to avail the expensive medical covers. Simply go with the basic structure of the insurance policy.
With all due benefits, the Travel Insurance Plans of Bharti AXA are all set to treat you with competitive premium rates, so that you enjoy your trips worry-free.
If you are planning a foreign trip with your family, then make sure you are covered by a good Family Travel Insurance. There are several countries like UK, Greece, Germany & France among others, where Travel Insurance is mandatory. Again, if you are traveling to Schengen countries, the Visa will be only provided if you have a valid Travel Insurance Policy. Different insurance policies have different coverage and benefits. Before buying the Insurance Policy, it is very important to consider the coverage offered.
Bharti AXA offers Individual and Family Travel Insurance policies. The company has a presence in more than 130 countries which can help you when you are abroad on a vacation with family.
What Is Covered Under Individual and Family Travel Insurance?
Loss of Essentials
It does not matter whether your baggage is stolen or misplaced at the airport, you will get appropriate compensation for your loss. The insurance company will also offer compensation for the theft/loss of identification, passport, money, and other important documents.
Home Insurance in India
If any incident like fire accident, housebreaking, burglary, etc. happened at your home in India when you are traveling abroad, the insurer would cover the loss. All you need to do is, intimate the insurer as soon as possible.
Hijack Distress Allowance
If the flight in which you are traveling is hijacked for a few hours, you will receive an allowance for the unfortunate distress during the journey. You can easily avail the allowance by filing a claim online through Travel Insurance cover online process.
If you are sick or injured during the journey, your medical expenses can prove to be costly. In such cases, the Individual Family Travel Insurance cover greatly helps. The insurance company also offers a cashless settlement with the network hospitals or you can also opt for the reimbursement process within 30 days of hospitalization.
If you are involved with any legal issues associated with any Third-Party the insurance company will help bear the expenses incurred.
In case, there is any death or physical disablement of the insured travelers in an accident; the Insurance Company will offer a pre-fixed amount to the registered nominee. However, incident needs to be reported to the Emergency Service Provider within a stipulated time.
If your flight is delayed or cancelled, and you have booked tickets for a connecting flight, the insurer will reimburse you for the extra expenses occurred due to this inconvenience. If you have got the Family Travel Insurance, the company will pay you for the entire expense associated with the family members.
Daily Cash Allowance
If you are hospitalized in a foreign country and have a Travel Insurance Policy, you will receive a daily cash allowance from the insurer for a specific number of days as mentioned in the policy document.
If you are trapped because of a natural disaster such as earthquake, flood, heavy rain, and unable to stay in the original accommodation, the insurer will pay you for the emergency accommodation. Thanks to the Individual and Family Travel Insurance Policy in your hand, you can choose the accommodation as per your convenience.
- Medical expenses associated with cosmetic surgery. If a treatment can be delayed until return to India, there will be no coverage for the expenses.
- No coverage for alcoholism, suicide, and depression related issues. No daily allowance for specific pre-existing health conditions.
- If you are involved with air force, military or naval operations in the foreign country, no coverage will be provided for any losses incurred for such involvement.
- No coverage for expenses for experimental treatment. Medical expenses do not include non-allopathic treatment like Homeopathic, Yogic, Unani, and Ayurvedic Treatments.
- No cover for loss or damage because of risky sports likes mountaineering, unless it is specified in the policy
You can avail the Travel Insurance online and enjoy the benefits offered by Bharti AXA.
The present day hectic and sedentary lifestyle has substantially increased the risks of us falling prey to lifestyle diseases. According to studies by various domestic and global organizations, the present lifestyle can lead to cardiovascular diseases, cancer and kidney ailments in people as young as 35. If not treated in time, these critical ailments can even lead to a premature death.
While sticking to a healthy diet and following a good fitness regime can play an important role in keeping ailments at bay, there can be hereditary and even environmental reasons due to which one is at a threat of getting a lifestyle disease. Treatments of these diseases, if done without any Health Insurance Policy can prove to be really expensive and wipe out your life savings. This is where a good Health Insurance Plan with a Critical Illness Cover can play a vital role.
There are several factors that affect the choice of a Health Insurance Policy and the Premium to be paid is one of them. Here you will get all the information regarding the Insurance Premium for a Critical Illness Cover and the factors that determine the amount.
An Insurance Premium is a pre-determined amount which is to be paid at the onset of getting the policy and also at periodic intervals towards renewal of the policy. There are several factors that determine the total amount that is to be paid as an Insurance Premium. Here are more details about these factors:
- Pre-Existing Medical Conditions: When you first opt to get a Critical Illness Cover, you will have to undergo a medical check-up which will check for any Pre-Existing Medical Conditions that you may have. The Cover will not bear the costs associated with Pre-Existing Medical Conditions unless otherwise specified. If you do need these conditions covered, you may have to pay an addition Premium.
- Body Mass Index (BMI): Medical Studies prove that people with a higher BMI are more susceptible to Critical Ailments. This means that if you have a high BMI, your Insurance Premium will be higher as well.
- Family Medical History: If your family has a history of certain medical ailments, your premium for the Critical Illness Insurance maybe higher. For instance, if your parents have a history of cardiovascular ailments or cancer, then it genetically puts you at risk of these diseases and will increase your premium amount.
- Injurious Substances: Your Insurance Premium will increase if you have a habit of chewing or snuffing or smoking tobacco. People who consume tobacco in any form are known to be more susceptible to getting critical ailments such as cancer which can even be life threatening. And this directly affects your Insurance Premium rates.
- Age: Generally, when you are young, there is a much lower risk of you having any critical ailment. This means that your Insurance Premium will be lower when you are young and can increase as you grow older.
- Choice of Profession and Work Environment: People having professions that involve a good amount of physical activity will have to pay a lower Insurance Premium for Critical Illness Cover as compared to those having a sedentary lifestyle. Similarly, people working in hazardous environments or those in contact with hazardous substances, chemicals or radiation will have to pay a higher premium as compared to those working in cleaner environments.
- First Insurance Policy: If you are getting your first Health Insurance Policy, chances are that your Insurance Premium will be higher. If you have a Health Plan and are renewing it, you may be eligible for a No-Claim Bonus if you have not raised any claims during the stipulated insurance period.
While the above factors play an important role in determining the premium, choosing the right Insurance Partner is also important. Bharti AXA offers affordable Health Insurance Premiums and a lot of other features that can prove to be very useful. Read on to know more:
Dedicated Claim Assistance Desk
We have a Customer Service Cell which is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day to help you with all your insurance related queries. Our team of experienced insurance professionals will also help to resolve your claims faster.
Wide Network of 79 Branches and 4300+ Partner Hospitals PAN India
Bharti AXA has a wide network of 79 branches across India. Moreover, we have partnered with more than 4,300 hospitals for Cashless Insurance Claim Settlement.
Proven Track Record
Till date, we have sold millions of policies to customers all over the country. In addition to that, we have streamlined our claim process and our dedicated handlers have ensured an impressive 98.27% claim settlement ratio.
Life maybe uncertain but you can take precautions to be better prepared for any eventuality. A Critical Insurance Plan is one of those measures that can help in times of an emergency due to a serious ailment. To know more, contact a Bharti AXA representative today!
Notify your claim by calling us at 1800-103-2292 (Toll free) or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Provide relevant information which includes your policy and other details regarding your claim.