Hyundai Car Insurance: Types and Unique Benefits26 Oct 2017
- A car insurance plan
- Benefits of Car Insurance
Hyundai, a leading car manufacturer from Korea, has a range of models that continue to enjoy patronage from customers across the world. This surely would be a factor in you deciding to opt for a car rolled out from the Hyundai Company. Once the car is purchased, the next big decision you would make is the car insurance policy you would need. It is mandatory to insure every car that rolls out on the road.
A car insurance plan
- Secures you from financial losses arising due to unforeseen events. These include road accidents, thefts, natural disasters like earthquakes, man-made disasters like strike, riots.
- Abidance with the laws
Types of Hyundai Car Insurance
Broadly,car insurance plans can be categorized under two heads, namely:
- Third-Party Liability Cover: The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India, IRDAI, has made it mandatory for car owners to own up to any damage caused to another vehicle or person on the road, their vehicle or property. This becomes essential under conditions where, despite the best driving skills, a driver could inadvertently damage someone or their vehicle. This kind of car insurance secures you, as the owner of the car that has caused the damage, to make only that much payment as required. The amount owed by the car owner or holder of the car insurance policy is assessed by experts; hence there is no room for exploitation or false claims by the affected third party.
- Comprehensive Car Insurance Cover: This policy covers losses arising die to damage to your car or injury to you which is known as Own Damage. It provides security for losses incurred due to natural disasters like earthquake, cyclone and manmade disaster like riots, stirs, strikes. This plan also covers Third-Party Liability thereby providing a comprehensive cover, as the name suggests. One can also avail of Add-On Covers with this policy. There are a host of Add-On Covers like hydrostatic lock cover, replacement of a lost key and financial assistance in case of extended hospitalization of the driver or co-passengers, to name a few.
Benefits of Car Insurance
- Offsets Expenditure: Being involved in a road accident is bad news enough. A financial burden arising due to this adds to your woes! With a car insurance policy you can offset large sums of money you would have to spend otherwise by getting benefit of the cover you get basis Sum Insured.
- Benefits to Survivors: In the unfortunate event of death caused by a road accident, the survivors can claim benefits from the insurance company. The loss you bear is irreplaceable but the finances would be the last thing on your mind to worry about, with a car insurance plan.
- Lawsuits: If, for some reason, there is a lawsuit filed against you relating to an accident, the car insurance plan provides assistance towards legal fees.
- No-Claims Bonus: Every good driver can achieve periods of non-involvement in any accident during the term of the policy. As a reward for no claims made on an insured Hyundai car, your car insurance company can offer a bonus which will impact your renewal premium positively, making you eligible for this bonus.
Bharti AXA car insurance plans are loaded with benefits that suit everyone’s needs and budget. It also provides for an online alternative , making the process for procuring a policy convenient.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Have questions on anything and everything related to insurance? We've hand picked questions with answers that will help you understand the nitty-gritty of everything related to insurance.