Car Insurance Policy for Older Car3 Oct 2017
- A Guide to Buying the Perfect Car Insurance Policy for Older Cars
- How does Year of Manufacture Impact Car Insurance Premiums?
- How to Save Big When Purchasing a Car Insurance Policy for your Old Car
- Customizing Car Insurance in the Best Way Possible
- A Wide Array of Benefits to Discover at Bharti AXA
A Guide to Buying the Perfect Car Insurance Policy for Older Cars
If you are the owner of an old car, one which you have been using for a while now, buying a car insurance policy has to follow a different trajectory as compared to when you own a new car. One of the most important aspects that you have to consider in this case is the amount of premium that needs to be paid as per the specifications of your policy. This premium amount can be reduced to quite an extent if you know how to play the cards right. For instance, if your car is moderately old, you can choose a basic comprehensive car insurance policy. On the other hand, if your car is moderately old, you can opt for third party insurance policy. Either way, you will be saving a lot of money!
How does the Model and Age of your Car define Car Insurance Premiums?
The make, model and variant of your car has an immense impact on the insurance premiums that you have to pay with regards a particular policy. These elements play an important role as far as defining premium amounts is concerned owing to the way in which insurance companies consider IDV or market value of your car while issuing a policy. Newer and more expensive brands result in the payment of a higher premium, owing to the increased market value associated with the same. The older the vehicle, the lesser is its market value, thereby resulting in the need to pay lower premiums for the same. At the same time, older the brand, lesser is the number of expensive accessories to be fitted. This again results in a decrease in the overall premium amount.
How to Save Big When Purchasing a Car Insurance Policy for your Old Car
When opting for a car insurance policy for your old car, choosing the right policy can be the difference between a good and a bad decision.
- Transfer of Policy: if you are buying a used car and want to purchase a car insurance policy for it, make sure you transfer any no-claim bonuses that might have been accumulated by the previous policy
- Sum insured: owing to the lower value of an old car, the insurance premium can be decreased to a considerable extent
- Salvage Value: if you are able to salvage the parts of your vehicle and use them for a longer time, you can avail up to 5% deduction in the premium amount
Customizing Car Insurance in the Best Way Possible
At Bharti AXA, you can be rest assured that you will only be privy to the best options and most affordable policies as far as the make, model and year of manufacture of your vehicle is concerned. On our web portal, our staff members are always just a few clicks away through the online chat box, where any kind of questions can be put up. At the same time, our team of expert policy handlers can help you in determining the best policy as per the specifications of your vehicle, so that you are able to save big on your insurance premiums while also availing the benefits that come with decreased market value of your car.
A Wide Array of Benefits to Discover at Bharti AXA
When buying a car insurance policy for your old car, make sure that you make an informed decision as far as choosing the right plan and insurance provider is concerned. In this case, some of the main aspects of consideration include:
- Lack of extra costs: at Bharti AXA, purchasing a policy means gaining direct access to a nation-wide network of cashless garages. At these garages, any problems that your old vehicle might face are covered at no charge at all.
- Add-on covers: instead of choosing add-on covers which do not apply to the nature of your vehicle, you can choose those are fit for an old model. These include consumables cover and roadside assistance cover.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Have questions on anything and everything related to insurance? We've hand picked questions with answers that will help you understand the nitty-gritty of everything related to insurance.