Bharti AXA provides a comprehensive cover for your car,so you can drive hassle-free.
Ride without worries, with Bharti AXA long term two wheeler insurance plan.
Safeguard the health of your loved ones with a wide range of Bharti AXA health insurance plans.
Secure your joyous family trips with Bharti AXA international travel insurance cover.
If you are planning a vacation to Hong Kong, especially if it’s going to be your first visit, you would naturally be looking forward to explore as much of this amazing city as you can fit into your trip.
The public transport system in Hong Kong is the most convenient way of getting around. However if you do decide to drive yourself then here are some tips and guidelines you should keep in mind.
If you are used to driving in India, you’ll find it relatively simple to familiarise yourself with the driving rules in Hong Kong. Like India, Hong Kong too was a British colony for more than 100 years so traffic rules are similar but more strictly followed and enforced.
1. To be eligible to drive in Hong Kong, first ensure that you have a valid Indian driving license and carry it with you. Also check the rules for getting an International Driving Permit (IDP) before you leave India.
2. Like India, cars in Hong Kong have the steering wheel on the right side and you drive on the left side of the road.
3. If you need to overtake, do so from the right only. Abide by the traffic rules so you don’t end up paying a hefty fine by getting on the wrong side of the law.
4. While the normal speed limit in Hong Kong is 50 kmph, it could vary depending on certain areas and also if it is an arterial road or a lane. Follow the speed limit signs and drive within the prescribed limits.
5. Driving in the densely populated and busy island city of Hong Kong could be challenging. If you’re trying to get to that highly recommended eatery or street market for instance, it is advisable to keep a Hong Kong Travel Guide handy to make things easier.
6. Apart from your driving license, IDP, make sure you carry all relevant documents with you while driving. This includes your passport, Hong Kong Visa, car registration papers and travel insurance for Hong Kong. You will need to produce them to the authorities in case of any accident or traffic violation.
7. You may not use your mobile phones while driving in Hong Kong. It is an offense and you could incur a penalty. Only hands-free use of mobiles is permitted.
8. If you intend to go clubbing to one of the nightclubs in Lan Kwai Fong or SoHo and enjoy a few drinks, use public transport or hire a cab instead of driving there. It is illegal to drive under the influence of alcohol in Hong Kong and the consequences could be severe.
Follow these tips and drive safely in Hong Kong. Make sure that you are covered by an international travel insurance policy that will protect you in case of unforeseen circumstances such as an accident, loss, injury or misplaced papers.
While in Hong Kong your vacation will be incomplete without spending time at one of the many fine beaches there. Lively Stanley Main Beach on Hong Kong Island is a must-visit. Or make a day trip to the less crowded yet gorgeous beaches on Cheung Chau Island.
136 BRANCHES ACROSS INDIA
27+ MILLION POLICIES ISSUED
24/7 CLAIM ASISTANCE
Disclaimer :The information published on this website is for the public's reference only. Content of this information is to provide an overview of your Insurance needs and should not be relied upon for personal, medical, legal or financial decisions and you should consult an appropriate professional for specific advice for Travel/Health/Motor. Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Limited makes no representations about the suitability, reliability, timeliness, and accuracy of the information, travel, services, or any other items mentioned on this subject for any purpose whatsoever.
We are facing issues in connecting to the Payment Gateway, please try after sometime or call 022-6118-8888
We are facing some technical difficulties while fetching your quote. We will get back to you as soon as we are able to get your Quote. Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.