Next Steps to Follow After Approval of H1B Visa
18 May 2018
Are you planning to go to the United States of America for work purposes? If yes, you will need a valid H1B Visa to get entry into the country. Once you have successfully submitted your H1B Visa application and once it has been approved by the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS), then you must know the important steps to do after this. In this article, we will help you know the important steps that you must undertake after your H1B visa for the United States of America has been approved.
Receipt of the H1B Visa Approval
In case the petition gets rejected, the receipt notice along with the receipt number from the USCIS will be forwarded to you by the employees. You can then make use of the petition number for checking the status of your H1B visa application. On the other hand, when your application for the petition has been approved, you will receive the approval notice from the USCIS. Using the same, you can obtain your H1B visa from the respective visa office. In case your H1B Visa for US has been applied with some changes in the status, then you will receive the approval notice along with the I-94 attachment. This attachment is used to indicate the validity of the respective change in the status along with the overall duration of the given visa.
H1B Visa Stamping
Once you have received the approval notice for your H1B visa application, you my move forward with scheduling your visa interview with the respective US Embassy for the H1B Visa Stamping. The respective formalities & the documents that you would need to furnish during the process would include:
- Fill the DS-160 Visa Application Form properly
- Schedule your H1B visa interview
- Provide the necessary biometric information
- Make the necessary payments for the visa fee
During the stamping of the H1B Visa documents, you would require the following documents:
- Copy of your resume
- Offer letter from the current employer
- Previous notice for the H1B US Visa (if applicable)
- Project documents related to your company for describing the nature of your business
- I-797 A/B/C
For providing relevant education proof, you would require the following documents:
- Respective degree or diploma certificates
- Official transcripts –whether graduate, post-graduate, and other qualifications
- Original forms I-20
- OPT (Optical Practical Training) EAD (Employment Authorization Document) (if applicable)
In case you are traveling to the United States of America with your children & spouse, then you would additional documents for the H1B visa application. These include the following:
- Original birth certificate of your child
- Original Bank Visa Fee receipt
- Original notice of the respective Action Form I-797 of the main applicant
- Photocopy of the original visa of the main applicant
- Original marriage certificate along with the wedding photo album
- Form I-129 of the main applicant
As per the United States Department of State, you are allowed to enter the country on your H1B visa only ten days prior to the start date of the H1B visa from your approval notice (the I-797 form). For instance, if your start date for the H1B visa is 10th October, then you can enter the United States of America only on or after 1st October as on the H1B US Visa.
Before visiting the United States of America, it is important to know all about the Visa application process to make it a seamless affair for you!
Why choose Bharati AXA Travel Insurance
Travelling overseas is always fun. its more fun when you know your trip financialy secure. That's why our Travel Insuarnce is idel companion for all your journey's of life