Key Benefits - covers your property against burglary
This policy provides cover for property contained in business premises, stocks owned by you or held in trust and/or commission. It can be further extended to cover cash, valuables, securities kept in a locked safe or cash box in locked steel cupboard.
The policy provides cover for the following occurrences:
- Loss or damage to insured property due to burglary and/or housebreaking
- Damage to premises caused by burglars during burglary or attempts at burglary The policy pays actual loss / damage to the insured property caused by burglary / house breaking subject to the limit of sum insured.
- If the sum insured is not adequate, the policy pays only proportionate loss. There is also a provision in the policy to cover bulk items on "first loss" basis, wherein a percentage of total stock stored can be taken as that exposed to the risk of burglary and housebreaking. The premium is charged on this percentage selected only. A nominal premium is charged on the balance stock.
- The policy can be extended to cover riot, strike, malicious damage and theft. Further, policies can be issued on declaration basis and on floater basis for stocks.
The policy will not pay for loss or damage:
- For goods held in trust / commission, Cash,jewellery, curios, title deeds, business books (unless specifically insured)
- Due to shop lifting, acts involving you or your family members / employees
- Due to war perils, riot & strike (covered by payment of additional premium), natural calamities and nuclear perils
- For items stolen from a safe using a key or duplicate key, unless it is obtained by violence or threat
This is not an exhaustive list.
For further details and quotation, talk to us today at 1800-103-2292 (Toll free) or visit one of branches